Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
06/2008
Country
US
State
Maryland
I finally got myself on a support group. I just dont know what to do anymore for this. Ive been dealing with pain management for 4 yrs now and they still dont have me settled down yet. I seem to be either allergic or have bad reactions to the medicine they give me. If everyone could tell me what they are on maybe I can tell this doctor. Dont get me wrong this doctor has been trying very hard to keep this under controll but when we do my body has a reaction to the drug.

Welcome. First off I'm sure your Dr knows all the meds better then we do,but why not tell us what your on.im on amitripoline 50mg tramadol with paracetamol . Which for me is a life saver. I'm not out of pain but I can cope.and pls post anything u need to. Weather it's just a moan or to say hi .xx

Welcome. First off I'm sure your Dr knows all the meds better then we do,but why not tell us what your on.im on amitripoline 50mg tramadol with paracetamol . Which for me is a life saver. I'm not out of pain but I can cope.and pls post anything u need to. Weather it's just a moan or to say hi .xx

Ty for the welcome, Im on a butrans patch 20micrograms and oxycodone5/325 4 daily and celexa. The patch is starting to give my skin allergic reactions now after 8 months but it is a great med for this, so I have to be taken off. I have been on lyrica, savilla, they even gave me methedone pills, cymbalta all the tryptolines. And have either allergic reactions or bad side effects. Im allergic to aspirin and nsaids and sulfa drugs. So they are having a hard time with me. The patch was working so well and now im getting bad skin rash that literally inflames my skin. I go back tuesday to see what the next step is. Ive actually had fibro for about 10 yrs or so but about 4 yrs ago after going back to school at 49 for medical assistance and phlebotomy after graduating about 3 months after I got so sick from the fibro that I was bed ridden and could not move or think. So I had to retire early on disability and that was hell trying to get that cause you cant show exrays to prove to them about the disease. But after 3 yrs I was finally approved. I never know when im gonna have an attach cant pinpoint why I have the attachs. It litterally puts me out of commision. I cant commit to anything anymore or make plans and im a planner have always been. Its been very hard to adjust to my new life. Some days younwouldnt even know theres anything wrong with me and a hour later I could be down for the count. Well ill let you know what happens. Take care, Peace out

Hisolblonde, I to am allergic to many many meds.
Reactions like passing out in just minutes after taking
The drug. FYI there is aluminum In the patch.
I'm allergic to the preservatives in the meds.
Plus the effey that gives meds the shelf life.
They say u can't be allergic to effey cause your body
Produces it. I laugh at them because they inject man made
Effey with preservatives in it. Remember doctor's guess. You to can
Guess as well. My allergies list is a page long.
All the doctors don't read them first before they
Speak. I experience this all the time.
What I'm taking everyday should put an elephant
Down. The meds don't affect me like others.
I'm on 45mg of morphine in am,15mg at 5pm.
(Time released). I have muscle spasms that
Don't stop so I have Tizanadene 3 times a day.
Gralease 600mg (time release gabby) 2 in am and 1at 5pm.
For a little over 2 months I've been on a cancer
Medication called Subsys (fentynal spray under tongue).
The subsys is very dangerous according to the doctor and manufacturing
Rep. They say any dose can cause me to overdose. Even if I took 2 doses before.
I take between 200mcg-1200mcg each day
Depending on my break through pain. Yes even last night I woke up
Having trouble breathing from the subsys.
Yes its scary and you do ask god to take you.
The med does reduce my pain level, so I take it
Anyway.
The meaning of break through pain:
The morphine or any opioid will keep your
Pain level down to a level 2 for me. Once your Pain level goes to
a 3 or 4 pain level thats Breaking through pain.
As I call it and my pain mgt doctor hates when I
Call it this break through the morohine pain.
To get the subsys spray you must be on time release morphine.
As it is new the manufacturer pay's for it.
I'm on the lowest dose cost at 20% is $2600
Per month. That's $12,000 per month. Thank god the
Manufacturer pays my deductible. Next month they will
Pay my total out of pocket too.
Call the manufacturer and ask them all your
Questions and see if this can help you too.
I'm sorry you have the allergies I wish this on
No one. Let us know how it goes. Hang in there!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back