Other
Diagnosis
12/2014
Country
US
State
iowa
Hello everyone,
I really don't know what to think of my condition so I'm looking for a little insight I guess.A few years back I discovered I couldn't sleep in my bed without getting up in radiating pain and stiffness in the middle of my back .After being up for a few hours the pain would go away and I was fine the rest of the day.As time went on sleeping in a bed was quite painful after just a few hours and after and during the purchase of 4 different beds to find one I could sleep in. I spent my nights on the sofa.Then I began feeling as though I couldn't get rested and was purely exhausted wether I'd slept 8 hrs or 4 it felt the same and it continued to get worse. April 2014 I end up with the worst pain in my neck .An MRI revealed I had 2 herniated disk,The pain went away after a few weeks and I figured it was healed.Aug 2014 my son got hurt and ended up in a wheelchair for a few months .In the beginning lifting the 30 lb wheelchair in and out of my trunk several times a day was ok but it wasn't long until it became real painful and the pain only got worse .Painful stabbing burning pain at the base of my neck down the middle of my back and down my arms.The pain was insane and not a pain med would help.My doctor sent me for a epidural in my neck one month and then injection in my neck the next month that made the pain even worse.As of now I still have pain everyday mostly burning pain in my arms ( seem to get a little relief if I try to stretch my arms but it is painful to stretch)and sciatic pain That just started a week ago)that goes down both legs and into my ankles That comes and goes .Last night my sciatica pain was horrible and tonight its not .I have most recently started with joint pain in my elbows ,knees and ankles as well .Ive read everyone seems to have different symptoms but I wonder about what you all think.Ive been to a few docs including a rummy and a neurologist and nothing. Does this sound like fibro ?or nerve compression from my neck ? I wondered if I hurt my neck worse from lifting the wheelchair .I know this sounds like a mess.ty all

Welcome Elle! Sounds like you are having a lot of various pain issues. I'm no physician so I can't say whether you have fibro or not, but you do have several similar symptoms as some here. That's the tough thing with fibro. There are so many variations. I'm curious, do the neurologist and rheumatologist think the pain in your extremities is caused by the herniated discs? If so, what do they suggest you do? You've tried a couple of things that haven't helped. What now? I would suggest you continue to pursue it. I will tell you that the doctor that confirmed he believed I developed fibro from being in constant pain. My neurologist believes I developed migraines from being in constant pain. The sooner you can get answers, the better chance of getting a diagnosis and resolution.

Good luck and again, welcome to the Forum! Let us know how you're doing...

Welcome Elle. I have all of those things. The burning in your skin is the nerves.
Soreness is from the muscles contracting. The knife going in and out is the nerves too.
Joints hurt because of the muscles that hold them in place.
They were on the right track with the shots. They hurt ,I hear. never had them
Due to allergies.

To explain the burning in your skin.
Its like say a lamp cord that is frayed or broken.
The electric current runs through the wires (nervous system).
They begin to spark and shake all over the place.(buring on the backside of the skin).
Now to fix this,You would reattach the wires and put electrical tape over it.
There is a medicine to cover the nerves with a gel(like electrical tape). I'm not sure of the name.
Once again,it has effy and preservatives in it. So my allergies won't let me have it.
I learned this from an EMS instructor.
There is no cure for this, just meds.
There is a chart of the nervous system. It has
Two clusters, one on top of the spine and one on
The bottom of the spine. That's why they give the shots in
The neck and lower back. By lifting the chair you may have
Reinjured your disc and hurt some in the lower back too as you
Mentioned your legs.

Don't feel bad about the couch. I had to get out of sleeping in
The beds as well. You see when I turn on my side in my sleep.
I'm told I throw myself up in the air and come down hard.
I then begin to grind my shoulder into the mattress.
Then that rips my arm out of the socket. I was stupid and
Continued to sleep on the shoulder until it wouldn't go
Back in the socket. The pain was level 8/9. Tippy toe pain.
I had surgery and the doctors all told me, no more beds.
So to the couch I went for 20 years. Got disc problems from that.
Last year I purchased a wood chair that reclines.
Best $20 i ever spent. Wasted $600 on a lazy boy.
Due to the metal reaction getting worse and cushion getting flat,so I was laying on the wood frame.
I hope you learned from my post today.
I have done my research and paid over $100k
In doctor's and meds on my diagnosis. I'd just like
To pass what I have learned on to others.

Do your research, learn,grow and make informed decisions from now on.
Stay well and feel free to private message me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back