Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
02/2015
Country
US
State
MI
I don't even know where to start introducing myself..
I guess I'll start here:
I got officially diagnosed two weeks ago. I was shocked. My family doc mentioned it in passing but she was convinced that the issues I was having were related to having extreme hypothyroidism and that they would clear up. Well, it's been over a year now of extreme lethargy, pain, weakness, moodiness, brain fog and pins and needles in my back, shoulders, hands and feet, among many other issues. Hypothyroid has never done all this to me in the 15 years I've had it, so I suspected she was wrong. Oh how wrong she was.

Not only did this rheumologist tell me I have fibromyalgia, he wants me to get tested for PTSD. That was a huge shock to me, moreso than the fibromyalgia diagnosis. He said something to me that struck a nerve, so to speak. He motioned his hand up and down in front of me after I broke down talking about life in the Army and said, "This is an example of someone that is not coping."

Well he's right, I'm not coping. I'm a wreck.
I'm a mom to a 6 year old and a 3 year old. I feel like I've become a terrible mother since all this began. There is so much I can't do for them, but the worst is that I can't control my emotions, and a lot of times because of the sheer amount of time I spend with them, and the fact that they are kids that have kid-like tendencies, they get to see the worst of me, my ups and downs are horrible.
I've become so foggy in the head and it clouds my judgement as well as my personality. It's taking me forever just to type this up because I forget words and trains of thought so easily. I'm also really tired of people around me saying "Oh that? that's just part of getting older, that's normal.." If one more person says that to me, I might snap. I became this way very quickly once my symptoms began. I never used to have memory and cognition issues. I have always prided myself on having a sharp memory and quick tongue. I just turned 28 for pete's sake, I'm not losing my cognition through any sort of normal aging process..

Anyway, look at how I've rambled, I'm going to take this on over to the Venting board. I'm glad to be here, I feel really alone in this and am looking forward to hearing from some people that understand and are going through similar things. Thanks, if you stuck with my rambling, for reading my introduction.

We are here for you. We do understand what your going though. We are all going through it with you. I know its hard on you and the kids. Fibro is real. Foggy is a part of fibro. Those folks telling your just getting old,don't know what to say to make you feel better. They are trying to in their own way support you. Be thankful you have people that care around you. Take Evey day good or bad as its a gift of time
With your kids. Depression is a big part of fibro.
Get the meds and the help you need. Sounds like you
Have a doctor that cares as well.

We are here to help and you will see this forum helps a lot.
Welcome and feel free to friend me.

Do research, learn,grow, and make informed decisions from now on. Life starts now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back