Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
02/2015
Country
US
State
PA
So...after years of unexplained aches and pains, my hip/pelvic pain finally reached a level that made me seek help nd answers. Went to Pcp who ordered xray and ortho consult. Ortho said "it's not an ortho problem but take this solumedrol pack and come back in 4 weeks." He also said he thought I needed to see a rheumatologist. So I took the steroid ( I have copd and was starting g to feel junky anyway so I figured it would help with that too!:) no help with the hip pain so I went right to rheumatologist. Didn't need to pay $45 Copay for him to tell me to go. Seen rheumatologist this past Friday. She started me on neurontin 100 mg at bed time then slowly increase to 300mg and come back in 4 weeks. She also ordered an xray of my back and pelvic ultrasound. She thinks my pelvic pain is some stretched out ligament problem.I already take Celexa and my pcp has been ordering me Tylenol 3 for years due to severe menstrual cramps but I have been going through them very quickly because 1 doesn't do it anymore and because I take them throughout the month for my other pain. They take the edge off....that's it. Hoping that this is the start of feeling better but who knows.... any advise or insight would be greatly appreciated!

droberto, welcome to the forum. I'm sorry you are having to go through this. We all have gone through the doctors just like you. its a good thing you now know what is causing your pain.

the meds: are they helping and are you taking enough? whats your pain levels throughout the day? are you eating or drinking things that are raising your pain levels? you first need to find your triggers and try to avoid them. what did you do activity wise today and yesterday? All these things you will need answers to, to help you feel better. I tell all the new folks here to start a daily planner. its helped me through a lot and ive learned a lot about my habits and the meds with the log. write down everyday the answers to those questions and anything else you can think of in your log book. At the end of the month or before your next doctor appointment, write average monthly totals like my average pain level this month is level 5/6. this meds is working for one hour and im suffering for 7 hours each day.. think you get it. now take your book and your totals with you to your doctors appointment. you and your doctor can then work out a treatment plan and agree on a average acceptable daily pain level like a 2 of 10. you doctor can now see how your meds are working and he can change them without having to beg for meds. you will find your triggers and change your diet based on what you have learned from your daily planner. this is a good start for you. the others will tell you more and you should read through the posts.

welcome again and stay pain free..

droberto,
Hello and welcome to the forum. It is good that your doctor is making an effort to be helpful in giving you a drug that is easier to get and also can manage pain reasonably well. I take this drug and have had good results with it as long as you take it as directed. Neurontin has what they call a short life meaning it is necessary to take it as directed to keep the drug levels up in your body. That way it provides the best treatment of pain. This drug works well with other medications and is easy to tolerate at higher levels. I take the 300/mg, 5 per day. But I also use Excedrin Migraine 2 pills every morning to boost my protection against pain in my muscles.

I hope you enjoy the forum and take time to read the back entry posts as there is lots of good information and suggestions from other members on pain and other symptom management. Ask questions and add your opinions to other members posts. There is even a section to vent when your having a bad day. Look forward to reading your posts. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back