Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
01/2012
Country
US
State
AR
I'm a 33 year old male. I've been suffering from fibromyalgia since my return from Afghanistan in 2004 but wasn't diagnosed until 2012. It seems to have progressed each year getting more widespread and more painful. My pain started in my knees and back and now has spread to my hips, pelvis, arms, hands, legs and feet. I'm sure I've missed something which is what happens when you have so many areas to name. I've seen doctors from every specialty, had years worth of spinal injections and tons of different medications thrown at me by the VA who I'm convinced is trying to kill me, lol. I haven't found much relief for the pain although I do my best to man up and deal with it as much as possible since I have a wife, a two year old son and a 3 month old daughter who depend on me. Whats really killing me is the chronic fatigue and constant brain fog. I'm at the point now where I sleep maybe a few hours a night then walk around like the living dead the next day. On top of the fibro I've been diagnosed with Tinnitus (ringing of the ears), IBS, Severe Acid Reflux, Periodic Limb Movement, Depression, Anxiety, OCD, and most recently Uranium poisoning from my deployment over sea's. The Uranium poising is pretty much a mystery at this point since the VA has completely ignored the test results and will not answer any questions nor will they try to treat me at this point. It's almost as if they complete ignore anything having to do with Uranium. Anyway, I'm not sure what to look for in this forum but wanted to join to see how other people are dealing with there widespread pain. I'm at the point now where I can barely work and am just exhausted all the time. Giving up is not an option but I find myself down a lot and saying that I can't do activities more and more. I'm interested to see how others are successful at battling through and continuing to work through the never ending pain and fatigue. Oh, and any ideas on how to get more sleep or how to decrease the daily fatigue would be much appreciated!

hello and welcome. there are many posts out there for you to learn from. start with my two posts. what is fibromyalgia and starting a daily log book.
then do a search on fatigue and you will find many on that subject with some great ideas. im sorry you are having to go through this and having kids on top of it all. my friend goes to the VA and he is trying a procedure for the pain that is brand new.VA paying for it. the put electrodes on his spine and send electric pulses. if it works they will install a unit inside his body. i dont know the name of this. im just waiting to see what happens. sounds really scary to me. i too think the VA might be killing him too..lol the things we will do to stop the pain is crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back