Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
08/2013
Country
US
State
OH
I was diagnosed a year and a half ago. My doctor and I are still trying to figure out what works best for me. I am currently on short term disability so that I can spend the time in therapy trying to increase my endurance and muscle strength so I can work a full day again. I am scared we will never find something to stop the pain. Lately it seems I am having a flare up daily.

Welcome, I m sorry you are feeling bad today. The flare ups can be daily. There is a few days you will get a break.
The pain never stops it just dulls. Your doc n you should agree on a livable pain level then with the meds try to meet that goal. Most are a level 2.
I'm glad you have a doctor that wants to work with you. Most have a hard time finding one.
Stay strong and find your triggers to the flare ups and avoid them.

Thank you so much for your encouraging words. I know I am lucky with the doctor I have. He is my second doctor, and I know others have had to try several before finding one who was sympathetic and willing to really work for them. My doctor goes above and beyond and I still get frustrated. I cannot imagine having to also fight my doctor as well.
I do have another question. I am on Ultram and Lyrica are there any other medications that others might recommend for pain relief? I also take predisone for flares and that really helps but it seems I am always on it and I am Diabetic so it is hard to contol my Blood Glucose levels with the constant stopping and starting of the prednisone.

im sorry there are only a few meds for fibro. mostly nerve blockers to the brain. they block the signals to the brain to send pain.
the pain meds can have different effects on each of us. so one that works for me may not work for you. start your log book and find the meds that work for you.starting and stopping the pain meds is not helping you or your body. Again,try finding your triggers and avoid them. that will reduce your flare ups inturn reducing your need for the meds.

its up to you to try meds or not try meds. discuss with your doctor what your treatment plan is and set goals.

I was diagnosed a year and a half ago. My doctor and I are still trying to figure out what works best for me. I am currently on short term disability so that I can spend the time in therapy trying to increase my endurance and muscle strength so I can work a full day again. I am scared we will never find something to stop the pain. Lately it seems I am having a flare up daily.

Hello. I am so sorry I had that you're struggling so much with your Fibro. I too am in therapy. Not the same kind of therapy. I've never thought of doing PT for Fibro. It makes sense though. Here with you. What do you currently do for bad flare-up days?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back