New Member (Say Hi)
Registered Member

amp2015 is on a distinguished road
New Member (Say Hi)
Registered Member
City: Miamisburg
State: OH
Diagnosed: 06/2013
Interest: I have Fibromyalgia, chronic pain, or chronic fatigue.
amp2015 is on a distinguished road
Default New to the group - looking for some input/support

Hello! I am new to this group. I have considered the idea of a support group for a long time but didn't know where to start. I am hoping to gain some insight from others' experiences and just figure out some best practices for what might help.

I was diagnosed with FM about 2 years ago, but have just recently come to the conculsion that I need some help. Lately my flare ups have been bad - can't sleep, bothering me a lot at work and just overall very painful and causing irritability. I have considered medication but am not sure if I really want to go that route yet. I have found fabulous supplements that help with my fatigue and even with inflammation, but still struggle with many other factors.

I don't have a doctor that I see regularly and just wondered if anyone else does or if it really is just something you work through on your own. Not sure if the group is the way to go or what.I am open to thoughts, suggestions or just overall input about how you deal with your symptoms.

Thanks in advance and hope you are having a great day!
Old 03-31-2015, 05:50 PM #2 (permalink)
New Member (Say Hi)
Registered Member

LovelyChantel is on a distinguished road
New Member (Say Hi)
Registered Member
City: Anchorage
State: AK
Diagnosed: 01/2015
LovelyChantel is on a distinguished road
Default Re: New to the group - looking for some input/support

Quote:
Originally Posted by amp2015 View Post
Hello! I am new to this group. I have considered the idea of a support group for a long time but didn't know where to start. I am hoping to gain some insight from others' experiences and just figure out some best practices for what might help.

I was diagnosed with FM about 2 years ago, but have just recently come to the conculsion that I need some help. Lately my flare ups have been bad - can't sleep, bothering me a lot at work and just overall very painful and causing irritability. I have considered medication but am not sure if I really want to go that route yet. I have found fabulous supplements that help with my fatigue and even with inflammation, but still struggle with many other factors.

I don't have a doctor that I see regularly and just wondered if anyone else does or if it really is just something you work through on your own. Not sure if the group is the way to go or what.I am open to thoughts, suggestions or just overall input about how you deal with your symptoms.

Thanks in advance and hope you are having a great day!
Hello to group. Don't like medicines either. Like natural route lots better here. Symptoms can be so difficult to work through. I have a lot of info and advice but have to come back later to reply better. Just want d to say hello and welcome. Supporting tou. Feel free to add/message if you need a friend.
Old 04-01-2015, 12:19 PM #3 (permalink)
Very Helpful Member
Registered Member

cmetryme is on a distinguished road
Very Helpful Member
Registered Member
City: carrollton
State: Texas
Diagnosed: 03/2008
cmetryme is on a distinguished road

welcome to the forum. yes you need a forum for support. you need to learn as much as you can about fibro. start by finding your triggers to flareups.
avoid them. i understand about trying the natural way to deal with symptoms. if you find something that works for you keep going. keep moving and stretching. one day you will have to come to terms with seeing a doctor and getting the pain meds to give you a quality of life. the FM is not something you deal with on your own. you need support and you need to make informed decisions about your treatment plan. sounds like you dont have a plan at all.
start by reading my post "starting a daily log book and why it helps". it will help you find your triggers. read the threads out there and learn.

i hope to see you getting the help you need.
Old 04-01-2015, 11:05 PM #4 (permalink)
Registered Member

Ruralchick is on a distinguished road
Registered Member
City: ********
State: AZ
Diagnosed: 09/2013
Ruralchick is on a distinguished road

One very important "natural" thing you can do is have your vitamin D levels checked,(simple blood test). Many FMers have low vitamin D and it can add to your pain.
Closed Thread

Tags
ability, doctor, fatigue, flare, hope, insight, looking for, medication, sleep, supplements, support, symptoms, work