Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
10/2001
Country
CA
State
ON
My name is Debra. I'm new here--this is the first time I have ever joined a group forum. I was told that I had Fibromyalgia about 7 years ago by my rheumatologist at that time, and was managing okay until my car accident just over a year ago. Always thought my pain was a flare of the RA--I was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis in 1983 and have been diagnosed with a "major depressive disorder",as my doctor refers to it--I'm not sure what came first. I was diagnosed much earlier, about 1979 with hypothyroidism and have been taking synthroid ever since. (I always think there is some connection between hypothyroid and RA.) It really helps knowing that I'm not the only one trying to live with this constant pain--I hope to learn new ways of coping and will share if I feel I can help someone else. Thanks to everyone for taking the time to share, even when it hurts as it helps to know that there are others out there who do understand!

izzyb,
Just wanted to welcome you to the forum and hope that you will come often to read through the many topic sections and ask questions and post replies to other members posts. It is always nice to have new members join who can share their stories of how they manage the pain and fatigue, and other symptoms, and yet learn new coping skills from the information on the forum.

Hope to read more of your posts and see your name around the forum. :)

welcome to the forum.

Please read, learn and post so we can all help each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back