Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
10/2014
Country
US
State
FL
Hello everyone, I am a newbie to all of this....fybro, forums, medications, etc. I am a 45 yr old female who was diagnosed recently with fybro. I guess I should give some background....at age 15 I has scoliosis surgery. I currently have 2 metal rods fused to my spine. The rods have caused arthritis in a lot of joints in my body. However, while trying to figure out where all of this pain was coming from, I went to an orthopedic. The news there was that the rods in my back are broken in 3 places. They cannot come out because after all of this time, they are fused to my spine. So, basically, nothing can be done about that except medication and therapy. So, as you can imagine, I am feeling a bit overwhelmed with all of this. I am taking my medications as prescribed, they seem to take the edge off of the pain. I work full time in an office, am a daughter, wife and mother so I am still busy. I guess the hardest thing right now is figuring out what combination of medications make the pain go away or at least tolerable; having to explain to people why I am walking slower, why I am always grimacing or rubbing a specific area of my body...etc. Oddly enough, I tend to be a private person and not say much - but I figured I would do some research and see if I could get some feedback and/or suggestions. Thanks for reading! Best, J

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back