Old 06-05-2015, 09:02 PM #1 (permalink)
New Member (Say Hi)
Registered Member

hanging in there is on a distinguished road
New Member (Say Hi)
Registered Member
City: Rochester
State: NY
Interest: I am being diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and/or chronic pain.
hanging in there is on a distinguished road
Default I'm new here - question about exercise

I just discovered this forum and appreciate all the information I've been reading: makes me feel like I'm not alone! I haven't been officially diagnosed with anything, but my Dr. suspects Fibro or CFS. I would be curious to hear from others who have a difficult time exercising. Lately after every time I go for a walk, my legs feel like jello and SO stiff afterwards, painful even! I know in the "normal" world, the more you walk the stronger your legs get, but I just don't know why mine hurt SO much. It is very frustrating.
Old 06-10-2015, 02:43 AM #2 (permalink)
New Member (Say Hi)
Registered Member

TrishaM is on a distinguished road
New Member (Say Hi)
Registered Member
City: Brisbane
State: Queensland
Diagnosed: 08/2004
Interest: I have Fibromyalgia, chronic pain, or chronic fatigue.
TrishaM is on a distinguished road
Default Re: I'm new here - question about exercise

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanging in there View Post
I just discovered this forum and appreciate all the information I've been reading: makes me feel like I'm not alone! I haven't been officially diagnosed with anything, but my Dr. suspects Fibro or CFS. I would be curious to hear from others who have a difficult time exercising. Lately after every time I go for a walk, my legs feel like jello and SO stiff afterwards, painful even! I know in the "normal" world, the more you walk the stronger your legs get, but I just don't know why mine hurt SO much. It is very frustrating.
Hi I'm new here too. It took me many years to find an exercise that worked for me, I get what you are saying about the jello legs and I find that happens to me when my stress levels are high. The exercise that works for me is swimming gently in a dog paddle style and work your way up to stretching out under the water work out 2 laps 50metres or however much you feel comfortable with do not swim longer than you NEED to it can take 1 year to work up to 20 mins so don't feel as though you have to do any more than you are able to. I also walk but I just stroll along and have a point that is about 500metres from my house and so when I get home I know I have walked 1 kilometre. On a good day I will just walk and use the time to discover my streets and shops parks etc. I have learned not to put pressure on myself and just enjoy the moments, take your camera and snap some pics, smile to people and it will help to bring yourself out of your head (and body). This works for me and it took me 18 years to work it out and stop pushing myself beyond what I was capable of right this minute. I hope it helps you to find your perfect exercise. Take care of yourself first and worry about everyone else 2nd.
Closed Thread

Tags
cfs, exercise, information