Reason
Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
05/2015
Country
US
State
MI
I just wanted to say "hello". I am newly diagnosed. I am curious about the treatment plans others are following? Just not sure how to deal with all this pain.

ngonzo,

Welcome!

To answer; many people use a mix of meds and supplements. There are many things that you can do now to help: see a dr., have your vitamin D levels checked, (simple blood test), low D is common for FMers and so is low magnesium. Mag. malate seems to work better for most. Keep a sleep schedule, lack of sleep really adds to pain levels as well as anxiety. Use a foam mattress topper if your bed seems to hard. Drink lots of water, it helps flush the muscles of toxins. Keep a log book--there is a post here to help--you will begin to see a pattern and can use this with your dr.

I use some meds; savella, amitriptyline for sleep and other things for chronic pain. I have found a good B complex and of late, ribose has really made a difference. (I take a powder you use in water).

Everyone is so different. If you read some posts here you will see this. It's important to find a dr. who will help you sort some of this out, but you will have to be proactive and do your own research.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back