Reason
Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
04/2015
Country
Uk
State
Limerick
Have been recently diagnosed with hasimotos thyroiditus which is very similar to fibromyalgia or some doctors say it's the same thing. I am just so tormented. I kept nearly passing out and could lie for days or up to a week on the couch feeling totally wasted. Actually it felt like I was dying. It was a struggle to get up to use the bathroom. It could take 3-4 weeks before I would start to feel better when I would just feel wasted again, and again this could last up till a week. Drs don't know what's causing it. Ended up in hospital as I couldn't breathe too well. Thought I was improving had 3 iron infusions in hospital. Did okay for 6 weeks felt great two weeks ago my lips turned slightly blue which is a sign I was going to pass out again. But thankfully I didn't that time but again today my lips went blue. It's my warning sign that my body is exhausted. I am so sick of it. I can't go anywhere on my own cause at the moment I take each hour as it comes. I have been on medication for the past three months. Can anyone help me or did anyone have similar symptoms?

Hay welcome, cfs is very very common with fibro. Some ppl have a lot of pain and some a lot of tiredness, I don't pass out but my lips go numb .
Atm my eyes seem to be affected.scary . Have u had your vit D looked at .most folks with Fibro have low vitD. That makes u tried and hurt more x

Hay welcome, cfs is very very common with fibro. Some ppl have a lot of pain and some a lot of tiredness, I don't pass out but my lips go numb .
Atm my eyes seem to be affected.scary . Have u had your vit D looked at .most folks with Fibro have low vitD. That makes u tried and hurt more x

Yeah everything was checked. had problems with maintaining good iron levels as they would be very good one week and following week would be extremely low. I was eventually hospitalised where I received one iron infusion, two weeks later I received a 2nd one and another two weeks later I received a 3 rd one. At the moment the Dr said I have enough iron in my system for 6 months. Blood levels are good and all vitamins, calcium, minerals etc perfect. I don't know anyone with this condition so I have no one to talk to. Also my husband doesn't want to know about it so I'm all alone. I depend on my 18 year old twins. I suppose my fear really is that I will pass out again. I don't 100% pass out but as good as. And it happened once with my 4 year old in the car with me while I was driving so I'm a nervous wreck since. And haven't driven on my own since Christmas. It's been 6 weeks or more since I last passed out. Had been doing great up till 2 weeks ago until my lips turned blue and I was white as a ghost. Thankfully I didn't pass out. Had bloods checked previous week and felt tired after it so was blaming that. Until today again my lips turned slightly blue so I got very anxious and was having constant panic attacks (that I've been having since it happened me in car with 4 year old daughter last November). I am so tormented with it. Cause every time I feel I'm getting better something else happens. Felt I was tired the past two days as I felt very u steady on my feet plus I had a lot of the sinking feeling that I get with the fm/ht. got my period 5 days early so putting it down to this. Didn't pass out but I just feel like I'm living each day hour by hour waiting for something to happen. This is how I've felt since Christmas and I'm ready to crack up. I always say to myself there's a lot more people worse off than me but I feel I've no quality of life. I'm hoping by joining these forums people will help me and I think if one other person said yes there lips would turn blue and that they would nearly faint I'd feel a bit better to know I suppose that it's normal for the fibromyalgia/ hasimotos. I really appreciate your reply thanks.

Can I ask what is the cfs that u referred to? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back