New Member (Say Hi)
Registered Member

Eabhamay is on a distinguished road
New Member (Say Hi)
Registered Member
City: Limerick
State: Limerick
Diagnosed: 04/2015
Interest: I am being diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and/or chronic pain.
Angry Very tormented

Have been recently diagnosed with hasimotos thyroiditus which is very similar to fibromyalgia or some doctors say it's the same thing. I am just so tormented. I kept nearly passing out and could lie for days or up to a week on the couch feeling totally wasted. Actually it felt like I was dying. It was a struggle to get up to use the bathroom. It could take 3-4 weeks before I would start to feel better when I would just feel wasted again, and again this could last up till a week. Drs don't know what's causing it. Ended up in hospital as I couldn't breathe too well. Thought I was improving had 3 iron infusions in hospital. Did okay for 6 weeks felt great two weeks ago my lips turned slightly blue which is a sign I was going to pass out again. But thankfully I didn't that time but again today my lips went blue. It's my warning sign that my body is exhausted. I am so sick of it. I can't go anywhere on my own cause at the moment I take each hour as it comes. I have been on medication for the past three months. Can anyone help me or did anyone have similar symptoms?
Old 07-07-2015, 02:09 PM #2 (permalink)
Very Helpful Member
Registered Member

Forgetmenot is on a distinguished road
Very Helpful Member
Registered Member
City: London
State: Hertfordshire
Diagnosed: 70/2010
Interest: I have Fibromyalgia, chronic pain, or chronic fatigue.
Forgetmenot is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Very tormented

Hay welcome, cfs is very very common with fibro. Some ppl have a lot of pain and some a lot of tiredness, I don't pass out but my lips go numb .
Atm my eyes seem to be affected.scary . Have u had your vit D looked at .most folks with Fibro have low vitD. That makes u tried and hurt more x
Old 07-07-2015, 05:38 PM #3 (permalink)
New Member (Say Hi)
Registered Member

New Member (Say Hi)
Registered Member
City: Limerick
State: Limerick
Diagnosed: 04/2015
Interest: I am being diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and/or chronic pain.
Default Re: Very tormented

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forgetmenot View Post
Hay welcome, cfs is very very common with fibro. Some ppl have a lot of pain and some a lot of tiredness, I don't pass out but my lips go numb .
Atm my eyes seem to be affected.scary . Have u had your vit D looked at .most folks with Fibro have low vitD. That makes u tried and hurt more x
Yeah everything was checked. had problems with maintaining good iron levels as they would be very good one week and following week would be extremely low. I was eventually hospitalised where I received one iron infusion, two weeks later I received a 2nd one and another two weeks later I received a 3 rd one. At the moment the Dr said I have enough iron in my system for 6 months. Blood levels are good and all vitamins, calcium, minerals etc perfect. I don't know anyone with this condition so I have no one to talk to. Also my husband doesn't want to know about it so I'm all alone. I depend on my 18 year old twins. I suppose my fear really is that I will pass out again. I don't 100% pass out but as good as. And it happened once with my 4 year old in the car with me while I was driving so I'm a nervous wreck since. And haven't driven on my own since Christmas. It's been 6 weeks or more since I last passed out. Had been doing great up till 2 weeks ago until my lips turned blue and I was white as a ghost. Thankfully I didn't pass out. Had bloods checked previous week and felt tired after it so was blaming that. Until today again my lips turned slightly blue so I got very anxious and was having constant panic attacks (that I've been having since it happened me in car with 4 year old daughter last November). I am so tormented with it. Cause every time I feel I'm getting better something else happens. Felt I was tired the past two days as I felt very u steady on my feet plus I had a lot of the sinking feeling that I get with the fm/ht. got my period 5 days early so putting it down to this. Didn't pass out but I just feel like I'm living each day hour by hour waiting for something to happen. This is how I've felt since Christmas and I'm ready to crack up. I always say to myself there's a lot more people worse off than me but I feel I've no quality of life. I'm hoping by joining these forums people will help me and I think if one other person said yes there lips would turn blue and that they would nearly faint I'd feel a bit better to know I suppose that it's normal for the fibromyalgia/ hasimotos. I really appreciate your reply thanks.

Can I ask what is the cfs that u referred to? Thanks
Closed Thread

Tags
doctors, dying, early, exhausted, fibromyalgia, iron, medication, sick, symptoms, symptoms?