DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
10/2013
Country
US
State
Oklahoma
Hello everyone.
I'm so glad I found this forum. I feel so alone sometimes. I'm not sure where to begin...
So, about 5 or 6 years ago I started getting really achy and extremely exhausted. I thought I was just overdoing it.. and then I hurt my knee. It hurt SO bad. Xrays showed a tare and alot of arthritis so I had orthoscopy. It helped so much. Then as that was healing I tore my right knee. But they said to get physical therapy for it. The morning after the first appt I woke in so much pain I couldn't walk. Two months later I had surgery to repair it. The surgeon said I need a knee replacement but he won't do it because I'm too young (48) and too overweight...I live with that for now. So now I've put on 50lbs, depressed & in pain. I went to the Dr's office and I told him about the pain and the depression and he did blood work and sent me to a rheumatologist. They determined I had fibromyalgia. Sometimes I was wake up in the night or morning and I feel like I got hit by a truck and I can barely move! Much less walk!
So, now I have severe arthritis in my thumbs and just had surgery for my right hand. He took bone out in one place and put in a prosthetic in another place. I'm still recovering and am wondering if I am going to be able to go back to work next week. I just can't imagine going back! I was in so much pain before. It was so embarrassing. And it still hurt just not as bad. People are not understanding unfortunately.
AUGH. That sums it up I guess. :)
Any advise or comments are welcomed and appreciated.

Welcome, yes u had your fair share haven't u.what has the Dr given u for pain. And what has it giving u for the fibro.?

I am taking Gabapentin for the fibromyalgia but I don't think it does much but make me sleepy. Have you heard of using this?

Yes a lot of folk her use it, some ppl love it some don't. Maybe u need to dose upped. Or ask for something else.
I'd also ask for a pain killer u can take to help u get through the day.x

I am currently taking oxyodone because of the surgery I just had but I'm supposed to go back to work soon so I dont think I am going to be able to take it. I'm worried about going back. The gabapentin makes me kind of spacey and I can't concentrate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back