Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
CA
State
Qc
...it becomes difficult to talk about how awful you really feel because people either think you're imagining your pain or symptoms, or they don't wanna hear about it any more, or even worse, they tell you how they have pain too, and how basically, everyone has pain. That they don't believe in fibromyalgia..

I put an end to a life long friendship last week. After I told my friend of a particularly scary bout of Raynaud's (often associated with fibro) that I had, and when I explained to her I was going to go to the doc's to see if she could do tests to see if I had something like Fibromyalgia (I've never been diagnosed, but had pain and Raynaud's since I was a teen) or maybe Lupus, she laughed at me and said: "It's a sure sign that you're dying, lol. I hope you are getting lots of bed rest, and that your husband is sitting by your bedside to watch over you, lol."

It broke my heart.

By coming to this board, I hope I can help others and be helped...

Some times ppl say stupid bloody things when they don't no what else to say.
Most of us here have lost real good friends over fibro.
What u must not do is blame yourself. This ain't going away so ppl take it or leave it.
Yes I no that easy said but I've been there lost a friend of 25 years.so first off talk to your Dr about the fact u think u may have fibro and see what happened from there.
First your have blood work done and there go through everything they can to rule out anything else.also ask for a vit D check to as that make pain more painful. And most pp, with fibro have low vit D.
Xxx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back