New Member (Say Hi)
Registered Member

curlgurl52 is on a distinguished road
New Member (Say Hi)
Registered Member
City: Marion
State: Indiana
Diagnosed: 07/2015
Interest: I have Fibromyalgia, chronic pain, or chronic fatigue.
curlgurl52 is on a distinguished road
Default Newly diagnosed. I'm not me anymore!

Hello all!
Newly diagnosed with fibromyalgia, osteoarthritis and asthma. I have been a hairdresser for over 20 years, single mother, strong physically and mentally and very independent! I just turned 60 this year and BAM! I am in constant pain from my head to my toes! Lots of headaches, gut problems, acid reflux, interrupted sleep because of the pain, constant fatigue & depression.

I have been my sons caregiver for the last 17 years, he is 34 now. I am a good problem solver & look for patterns. The only thing that has changed in my life recently is...
1. My stress level due to more health complications for my son.

2. A few months ago the owner of the large lot behind me sprayed weed killer on his whole lot one day as I was working in my salon that is in my garage. All of my doors & windows were open and I think I got a hefty dose of the weedkiller. Four days later I end up in the ER with heart attack symptoms. ER doc says it wasnt my heart it was my lungs.

3. I got my first tattoo for my 60th birthday. A gift from my son.

My doc says my constant stress is catching up with me.
Here are the meds I have been on in the last two and half months.
a round of prednisone, Dulera(asthma daily inhaler), Cipro(antibiotic), Mobic(nsaid), Delixant(acid reflux), celexa(antidepressant), Lyrica 50mg 2x daily(fibro).

My hands and feet still feel like someone is standing on them & the body pain in the morning is terrible and I have a constant loud ringing in my ears,and the fatigue is unbearable.

I have been on the Lyrica for three days and I'm afraid to take it after reading patient reviews. I have gained weight from reduced mobility of the OA and cant afford more weight gain. Mostly I am afraid of the side effects that will affect my ability to make a living and take care of my son.
I have just started researching and found this forum. Any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated!
Thank you!
Closed Thread

Tags
ability, caregiver, cipro, daily, depression, fatigue, feet, fibromyalgia, good, headaches, health, heart, lyrica, meds, men, mobility, newly diagnosed, pain, sleep, stress, symptoms, tattoo, weed, weight, weight gain, working