Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
10/2013
Country
CA
State
ON
Good morning!
I am new to this forum and drowning in ignorance of Fibromyalgia and all its little other mental illnesses theta are attached to it.
However, why is that doctors never believe you about have this chronic pain and if I swim it will go away! They treat you like you are a drug addict when all I ask is for my proper mess, which other than the sleep aid Lorazepam I'm on no narcotic and choose not to be. Yet they still treat you like dirt, Sickened by the whole process

First thing comes to mind, get second 3rd 4th 5th, opinion until you get help.

Chantelmac welcome to the forum. you have come to the right place to get support and learn about fibromyalgia and the things that come along with it.

we all started out by saying what you have said about the doctors. i had to go through many many doctors before i found the ones that Believe in fibro and that my wife and i could work with.

yes it can be frustrating. there are many things you can do. learn as much as you can.

i have placed two threads under general discussions. these will help you learn and get the meds you need without looking like an addict.

1- what is fibromyalgia. this will help you learn about what it is and what to do to help you with family that does not understand your pains.

2- starting a daily log book and why it helps. this will teach you about doctors, meds and how to get the meds you need.

knowledge is your key to less pain.

read the posts and do what they say. we have fibro and know what helps and hurts.

it's important to know your body and how it processes things. fibro brains dont work like folks without it.

swimming helps a lot with fibro. it makes you use all your muscles without hurting them. you stretch them and release them.
this will make them stop sending messages to the brain to send pain. try to keep moving. this helps to reduce pain daily.
take it slow from now on. pace yourself. you dont want to cause yourself more pain.

learn how to reduce stress, find what triggers your pain, find the meds that work for you.
coming to terms with taking the hard drugs is important.

please advie us of what you are doing to reduce your pains. it will help us all.

feel free to ask questions and start a new thread.

when the search feature is working at the top of the page, it will help you find what you are looking for.

welcome and thanks for joining our support group.

Welcome, I can only say what's been said ,keep looking for a Dr u can trust. It makes life so much more bearable .and jump in the chat here it's the best way to learn without being scared to death all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back