DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
02/2015
Country
UK
State
bt330wn
Hi everyone!
I'm a newbie and fellow fibromyalgia sufferer. To say I'm feeling fed up is an understatement lol. I used to be quite active, I've 3 dogs and various other 'fur babies' (plus a wife and 12yr old!). This 'illness' has reduced me to an old woman..I'm only 39! Before 'flare ups' only occured occasionally...now I'm in pain and exhausted constantly, I feel like I've been run over by a truck! Doctors and my family don't understand...apparently it's all in my head and I'm depressed! What worries me most is my energy levels,they're dropping dramatically! It's hard to get by! :(

Welcome ,now look I really think you should find a Dr who does believe you.ask to be refereed to a Nero.no don't ask politely demand so.
This ain't going away anytime soon, and will affect your home life.your not asking for the moon on a stick .your asking for answers to why you feel so bad.
Also have a good look around at our posts you will find your not alone.

I hear you! 48 going on 80. It is in our heads...it's a brain nerve malfunction. If anyone actually said to me "it's all in your head" I'd probably burst out in hysterical laughing and crying at the same time. You're not alone. I agree with Forgetmenot, if your doctor is saying this you absolutely need a different doctor. I practically kissed the feet of my rheumatologist when I finally got an appointment with her. The right doctor will immediately have compassion and want to help.

Thanks guys! Got a referral for a rheumatologist and stronger painkillers! :) Have to go in tomorrow for the results of a chest xray, as the doc thought I was swollen on one side! Hopefully all ok! Going to have a read over the posts and get caught up with everyone! Had an awful week, very sore, not used to flare ups lasting so long but hey ho as you say I'm not alone! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back