DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
09/2015
Country
US
State
AR
Hello there,

I was just diagnosed Friday with Fibromyalgia. I've been having symptoms since 2014 when I was hospitalized for major Costochondritis pain and inflammation. But since then, it has worsened and was not just Costochondritis. My life has changed since the beginning of this year, and I have had to slow things down a lot. I am so glad to have found this forum and look forward to being a part of it.

Thanks everyone!

Welcome! I HAVE FOUND THIS SUPPORT GROUP SO HELPFUL.

I was diagnosed with costrochondritis about 18 years ago. It would occasionally flare up and then calm back down. That first time though it was so bad I couldn't put on my seat belt. So was it really costro or was it fibromyalgia? I'm sorry you are in pain and that you were diagnosed. I'm a newbie too. Welcome to the forum. It's a good place to learn and vent :)

Welcome to the group. We hope to support u the best we can, and would love to here any tips u may have on coping with fibro x

Hi Butterfly_Ocean,
I was going to shorten your name to just your initials, but then I thought no not a good idea. I had such painful costrochondritis one day on left side that I thought I was having a heart attack. So did the Drs I even had a stress test and heart cath. But it wasn't my heart, it was the fibro. I was a teacher for 16 years but now I'm on disability because it was just to hard to keep up with the students and the workload. I hope you all feel better. Take care.

welcome Butterfly........this is a good place to make fibro friends...i have had it for 7/8 years but recent increase in symptoms brought me here ...a safe place to turn t others who understand and offer tips to help you cope.

My tip to you bearing in mind my own experience is to avoid getting stressed (not easy i know) as best you can. I have had some big emotional upsets in my time and am sure it brought on fibro and recently made it a lot worse.

Try to let go of negative things and love yourself and your family/friends......nothing else matters much except staying healthy as you can for you and them and enjoy all the good days / hours doing whatever you can that still lights you up.

I have made lots of mistakes,,,,one of them was getting involved with a neighbours planning application that affected my property significantly and it all got very stressful and i wish i hadn't done it as being on friendly terms with the neighbours was much more important.

I did try so hard to resolve situation nicely and ask for a compromise of just for minor alteration to window positions that made a big difference to my privacy but they got very very unpleasant.

They got turned down for their application and lost an appeal and although it had nothing to do with me they blamed me for the minor concerns i voiced.

I am very sensitive and these things affect my/our health....and then our partners because we are poorly and less fun.

I hope even that tiny tip helps you make good decision to stay as well as possible!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back