Reason
Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
10/2015
Country
US
State
NY
Hello out there in fibro land. Just want to say how glad I am to see this support forum. It has been very helpful. I have been having RLS for quite a few years now and lately it had gotten quite bad even in day time. Also had that warm water flush feeling in my legs. Just saw taht others have had this too. Didn't know that was fibro! Last year or so been dealing with high level of low back pain. So bad at work, to have to try and sit at desk in so much pain. Also random sharp pains here and there, and sore shoulder and arm like being punched. Hurts to lift a cup or fasten seat belt. Then the falling asleep while typing, that's fun, yeah. That feeling like somebody pulled the plug and all my life force just drained out of me. Lots of fun for that to happen while talking on phones at work or bàbysitting grandkids. Dizziness. Saying the wrong words, thought I was going nuts. Called the docs about the back pain. She ordered Gabapentin. Picked it up and looked at the papers on it. Then I thought SHE thinks I Am NUTS this is for seizures and bipolar! After a few searches on internet I realize it for nerve pain. OK. I am Diabetic too. Neuropathy, alright. Let's try it. Well it helps a lot with the RLS. The pain some. It is low dose. 300 a day. At night. Next visit she tells me she believes I have fibro. I say, no way. Come to find out she has it too. Wow. So more internet queries. And , yeah this fits my experience pretty well.

My family do not all know. Just some. Bad enough telling them about D2. You know, dumb comments, misconceptions about how I ate myself into D2. So far the hubby doing good with support. He worries. Just tonight. I scared us both. I picked up my 22 month old grandson and sort of lost balance and almoat went face first into hubs lap. Kid and grammar OK, I got myself righted and stood up. Have to be more careful.

After a day with the grandkids, my back is not happy with me. It's a trade off I knew I would be paying the price, but my G babies are so sweet and I am not going to miss out having them visit!

Any who, I have lots of questions and have been finding lots of information here that is good to know and more so, that the weird things I have a been experiencing is probably FM related and that at least there are others around that I can chat with.

I really appreciate the post "what is fibromyalgis" by cmetryme going to show this to hubs and daughter. Really good.

Have one question well maybe two. How many are allergic to multiple antibiotics? I am had just had really awful reaction to cipro. Horrible rash! Burned then itched something awful. Now am afraid of infections. Don't know what is safe to take. Also second thing. What is this weird sensation on my lips like kind of sting or burning. Like maybe a cold sore, but no mark. Annoying but not overly painful.
Well that's it.
Thanks and wishes to all for a restful sleep tonight :wink::grin:

Hello LisaMarie, welcome, glad to meet you. I'm glad the gabapentin is helping. Please feel free to ask about the odd symptoms, fibromyalgia certainly has some strange manifestations. I don't personally have any allergies to antibiotics, but you might ask the question again in the general forum, which gets more traffic.

Thank you for responding DK. Just increased the gabapentin to 2/day. Been a bit dizzy before and now quite a bit more lightheaded today. Hoping it takes the edge off the low back pain which has come back in full force now the steroids wore off. Between the back and hips and pain in feet and the bladder cramping issues, I really wish I could go back on steroids, I felt so awesomely great for the 15 days of treatment, lol.

While I was being diagnosed the rheumatologist gave prednisone, but it didn't help much. After my diagnosis my doctor put me on flexeril which helped quite a bit.

Hopefully the gabapentin will kick in soon and help with the pain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back