Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
08/2015
Country
UK
State
Devon
Hey - just a quick intro, I have both fibromyalgia and hypothyroism, had both for a few years but only diagnosed last year with thyroid issues then this summer with fibromyalgia. I am just coming to terms with the diagnosis, which means burying my head in the sand. I had more support and info with the thyroid issues than the fibro, which is zero really. I also have anxiety and panic attacks, and chronic daily headaches/migraines - so thats the negative bit on the positive side I am a 3 cat lady who lives in the UK with her husband :razz:

It's really informative to read of other people's stories and hopefully will mean I can understand this condition. I hope to be supportive, although not sure what I can do, sometimes it helps just to chat :D

Last edited:
Hello Iced-gem and welcome, glad to meet you. I got my diagnosis at the beginning of summer, and it has been a steep learning curve. Fibromyalgia has so many different, seemingly unrelated symptoms, and it is not well understood. It is a really good idea to learn as much as you can about it.

You may already be doing this, but I wanted to mention it is a really good idea to keep some kind of log of your symptoms and treatments. There is a good post about keeping a logbook by cmetryme. The logbook will help you figure out what helps you.

When my symptoms get worse, I experience high levels of anxiety. In some ways the anxiety is worse than the pain. Doing the things that help relieve the pain also helps relieve the anxiety.

Feel welcome to jump on in - you've found a supportive group here :)

Hi iced-gem I am fairly new and also in the south of UK. I have had fibro for about 8 years and also love cats and had 2 until i lost them recently age 17 and 18. Welcome to the forum.....i hope it helps you and is a place to openly express your feelings and ask any questions.

I suffer with anxiety too although like DK when my fibro is bad my anxiety gets a lot worse as it also does with negative input from other people

Take Care.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back