DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
04/2005
Country
US
State
Merseyside
Hi all
I was told I had Fibromyalgia several years ago. I work full time and up until recently attended the local gym. As I am getting older I am now starting to find it a little bit more telling, however, am determined to remain positive. I have not had the misfortune of having to give up work so consider myself extremely lucky. I hope this is due to the fact I was a fitness fanatic when I was younger, I really don't know! Anyway, good luck to anyone who is diagnosed as it is awful and it is hard to cope with. Please stay positive, it honestly helps x

Welcome! I haven't been diagnosed yet, but I have a referral to a rheumatologist. You mentioned being a fitness fanatic when you were younger. Do you also eat a healthy diet? If so, can you tell use more about your diet?

I have been on my treadmill for over 14 years until this past year. I do eat healthy and I enjoy everything I eat. I gave up artificial sweeteners back in February. I don't eat any grains and I avoid almost all sugar. That being said, I do break off a piece of a 85% dark chocolate bar occasionally. The only other sugar that is added to my diet is 1 1/2 T of maple syrup in a recipe, but that recipe has 16 servings. I eat more vegetables than I do fruits. I started making milk kefir and fermented foods this summer. I also switched to decaf tea and coffee back in February. I am 47 years old and other wise healthy until this past January when I started having problems.

Regardless of my diagnosis I hope my eating habits will help my body deal with whatever is wrong.

Hi I wish I could say that I eat a healthy diet. I am supposed to stick to gluten free but am not very good at it. I do try when I have a flare up to cut out on various foods and it does help. I am certain with me that staying positive about it helps. I went on for years not knowing why I was feeling to awful, aching everywhere and not knowing what was wrong. As I have got older I have become more determined to lower stress levels as I am convinced that this brings bouts of migraines etc on. The cold weather doesn't help but I keep as positive as I can to carry on with it. Certain foods though do flare up reactions, particularly wheat and barley so I even though I am not brilliant on a gluten free diet I do try to avoid certain foods. I hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back