New Member (Say Hi)
Registered Member

asrudd is on a distinguished road
New Member (Say Hi)
Registered Member
City: Breezewood
State: PA
Diagnosed: 09/2015
Interest: I have Fibromyalgia, chronic pain, or chronic fatigue.
asrudd is on a distinguished road
Default whats best?

So I just typed good detail of what Ive been dealing with and what ive tried tried but then deleted it! Im not doing that. Main question is what have you tried that seems to help the best? I know everyone is different but I dont know anyone with FM. So would like some opinions. Ive been prescribed Cymbalta which I have not started yet. I kind of told myself back in August that I wasnt going to take any prescription meds. But the depression is horrifying at times. Any questions about me just ask. Im just dont want to type a bunch of info if not needed. Thks for anything
Old 01-02-2016, 12:56 PM #2 (permalink)
Very Helpful Member
Registered Member

diamond has a spectacular aura aboutdiamond has a spectacular aura aboutdiamond has a spectacular aura about
Very Helpful Member
Registered Member
City: somewhere
State: anywhere
Diagnosed: 01/2008
diamond has a spectacular aura aboutdiamond has a spectacular aura aboutdiamond has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: whats best?

Gosh everyone is so different...we are all individuals and it depends really on how badly your fibro affects you...are you able to get out and exercise or walk...some people are housebound or even in bed a lot others can still work.

Reducing stress and getting good sleep is very important although not easy as fibro brings so much stress of its own let alone other things coming along.

Do ask anything specific or read around this site for info.
Old 03-10-2016, 06:24 PM #3 (permalink)
New Member (Say Hi)
Registered Member

KikiJB is on a distinguished road
New Member (Say Hi)
Registered Member
City: Stoke On Trent
State: Staffordshire
Diagnosed: 01/2016
KikiJB is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: whats best?

I am newly diagnosed in January 2016 and am currently on 900mg gabapentin daily, 400mg of tramadol daily and wooing of paracetamol. I can say that those drugs combined for me have alleviated some of the pain but not all. Someone on these blogs suggested fibre supplements so might give that a go and also drinking camomile yes before bed time to help with me not being able to sleep. Also someone has mentioned hydromorph but going to do some research on the web about it as don't really know anything about it. I use a heat pillow at night to help with the pain in my head, neck and shoulders and have a heated electric blanket which can be soothing to the back and leg pain. Hope this helps Kiki. Xxx
Old 03-11-2016, 12:21 AM #4 (permalink)
New Member (Say Hi)
Registered Member

LeAnnK6 is on a distinguished road
New Member (Say Hi)
Registered Member
City: El Cajon
State: California
Diagnosed: 07/1997
LeAnnK6 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: whats best?

Hi! I asked for Cymbalta and my doc gave me Savella about 3 years ago. I'd say it helps in that I feel much worse if I miss doses. Let us know how it goes ok?
LeAnn
Closed Thread

Tags
back, cymbalta, depression, good, info, meds, questions