Old 01-10-2016, 09:56 AM #1 (permalink)
New Member (Say Hi)
Registered Member

Pollyannawiz is on a distinguished road
New Member (Say Hi)
Registered Member
City: Dyffryn Ardudwy
State: Gwynedd
Interest: I have questions about Fibromyalgia and/or chronic pain.
Pollyannawiz is on a distinguished road
Default Newbie..

Hi, Everyone ! I'm new to this forum and are are looking for info from people with Fibromyalgia. I am 49 & female. Last summer I had major surgery on my bowel, after it was perforated by a hernia. So as you can imagine for a while after I felt quite I'll, after 2 months backwards & forwards to DR's and more blood tests than I care to remember I was told I had to have B12 injections(for the rest of my life). I have Flu like symptoms (without the Flu).. I also have a burning pain in my legs, neck & shoulder. Upset bowel which I've been putting down to the surgery and not getting much sleep. After trying to find answers online, Fibromyalgia came up after typing in symptoms. Not sure what's wrong. Getting older?...B12? Or something else going on. Sorry for long msg but would love to hear from anyone, even if it's to tell me I'm on the wrong path. Many thanks in advance.. I live in the UK...
Old 01-11-2016, 04:04 AM #2 (permalink)
Very Helpful Member
Registered Member

Forgetmenot is on a distinguished road
Very Helpful Member
Registered Member
City: London
State: Hertfordshire
Diagnosed: 70/2010
Interest: I have Fibromyalgia, chronic pain, or chronic fatigue.
Forgetmenot is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Newbie..

Welcome,I'm from the uk.its something u need to ask your dr,do I have Fibro.being low on vit b12 can't make u ache I believe.but then so can low vit D.
The flu feeling I have everyday.i also get burning sore skin.stiff legs arms next feet and hands.
Old 01-11-2016, 01:28 PM #3 (permalink)
Very Helpful Member
Registered Member

diamond is just really nicediamond is just really nicediamond is just really nicediamond is just really nicediamond is just really nice
Very Helpful Member
Registered Member
City: somewhere
State: anywhere
Diagnosed: 01/2008
Interest: I have Fibromyalgia, chronic pain, or chronic fatigue.
diamond is just really nicediamond is just really nicediamond is just really nicediamond is just really nicediamond is just really nice
Default Re: Newbie..

Welcome have aread around the site so you can see the sort of problems people with fibro have. I am also in the UK.

Ask your GP for a refferal to a rheumatologist who can do more tests and rule out any other pain giving illnesses.

Fibro does give burning pain and basically any type of pain anywhere in the body...sometimes so severe you cant believe some thing is not broken or you feel like you've been beaten up.Also flu like feelings...muscle fatigue and general exhaustion.

Take good care of yourself rest when you need to.

Stay here and ask or vent any time x
Closed Thread

Tags
burning, female, fibromyalgia, flu, info, looking for, neck, newbie, pain, rest, shoulder, sleep, surgery, symptoms, tests, wrong