Reason
Other
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
FL
Hello everyone - I am new to this group. I'm so glad I found a site like this (actually, my husband found it ;-)). I've been dealing with fibromyalgia since June of last year. I have not received a diagnosis, but I pretty much have all of the symptoms. A rheumatologist prescribed Gabapentin for me, but I just recently stopped taking it. I found that it gave me horrible mood swings and other unpleasant side effects. I've read other people's posts who have had the same problem. I wonder if there are natural supplements/remedies that anyone could recommend? I've read that calcium and magnesium supplements help calm you down and promote better sleep. Since I've been off of the Gabapentin, I'm dealing with insomnia off and on. Any suggestions would be welcomed.

Welcome Cat lady. Sorry you have got Fibro we know its a hard illness with lots of symptoms.

Sleep is a problem for most of us and i hope you get lots of replies. Natural things like valarian might help or melatonin.

I can recommend a good book i got 7 years ago called a first year with fibromyalgia by Claudia Marek. It helped me a lot when i first got fibro has lots of info about the condition, tips for coping and all possible treatments and lifestyle changes including medications both over the counter, prescription, and natural.

I wish you good luck. Stay here as and when you want to ask anything or participate by sharing your own experiences.

Welcome Cat lady. Sorry you have got Fibro we know its a hard illness with lots of symptoms.

Sleep is a problem for most of us and i hope you get lots of replies. Natural things like valarian might help or melatonin.

I can recommend a good book i got 7 years ago called a first year with fibromyalgia by Claudia Marek. It helped me a lot when i first got fibro has lots of info about the condition, tips for coping and all possible treatments and lifestyle changes including medications both over the counter, prescription, and natural.

I wish you good luck. Stay here as and when you want to ask anything or participate by sharing your own experiences.
Thank you for the info. I will definitely check out that book.

I'm grateful for you and the other people on this forum. It will be a great help.

I have been taking Valium and pheonix tears for my pain. The tears is a marijuana product that I found moderately helpful. WHAT was better was the tears with no THC activation. (It comes in a tincture form, not oil) It's safe for kids and seniors.

Hello! I am new too. Welcome!

Now I just got medicin for better sleep. But before that I got lot of help from Fodmap diet (specially glutein-free diet), melatonin (1,5mg was minimum for me) and magnesium + D-vitamin.

There is so much information out there, and there typically will be someone on this forum who will be able to answer any questions regarding natural remedies, medications, and treatment. Just ask and try, then it will be pretty much trial and error finding what will work for you. Just don't get your hopes up when you hear about other people's "awesome experiences" is my advice because what works for one person doesn't mean it will work for you.

I'm not trying to be pessimistic, I am trying to soften the falls for you. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back