Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
07/2011
Country
UK
State
EDINBURGH
Hello from a v.cold Edinburgh:rolleyes::rolleyes: I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia 2011but i would say symptoms were appearing 2008 after major surgery.
I have been in great pain every single day since 2011. Being diagnosed this after enduring breast cancer in 2010 and still going through reconstruction operations to this day has helped ruin my life. I turn 44 in June but shuffle around as if i'm 105 on the really bad days.

I didn't realise fibromyalgia had become so popular everbody seems to be getting diagnosed recently especially when in 2011 most of the people I spoke with had never heard of this chronic debilitating condition.
I was shocked at how many people all over the world have fibromyalgia. Thanks for reading my post but as fibro fog takes over I can't think what to put.
I hope everyone is okay and taking it one day at a time as we've not got the energy to manage any more than that.
Bye
Dee x

Hi Dee i am the other end of the Uk but nice to meet you. My fibro started around then too...2007/2008.I am sorry you are a fellow sufferer and to have breast cancer too...well thats so so hard.

Its a long time after to be facing reconstruction now and it cant help the fibro having surgery so very tough for you.

I hope you stay on here as so many people join ...we get friendly communicating and sharing stories and then disappear.

My fibro has got much worse in the last 18 months and i know what you mean feeling old and shuffling around.

I hope the site helps and you can join in on some threads or post more of your own. Take Care

Welcome Dee,pls stop by often .your really have been through it bless you.im 43 and like u feel 100 most days. Sending gentle hugsx

Hello Dee,

Welcome. I'm afraid I'm one who comes in and out. Sometimes 'talking' about it is depressing. I'd love a break from myself! I'm so sorry you've been through so much. This is a good place, a safe one. Hope you share as much as you like.

Hi Guys, Thanks for all your lovely messages, sorry i took so long to reply, I had forgotten I joined in the first place and stumbled upon the page I had bookmarked. It's been an awful weekend painwise I felt like my elbows were trying to burst out my skin, just could'nt get the pain to calm down,even for an hour. Its not much to ask for. Hope everyone else is plodding on too and managing to keep your pain levels down? Take care love Dee x

Last edited:
oh no not again!

I thought I was one of the fortunate ones , and I was through my fibro,( stuff/____________ fill in the blanks). So, I was talking with a friend last night and while on the phone I had (studdered ) And almost tripped twice. It's a real bummer, I was feeling optomistic. I can't share with my husband because he will say stuiped shit like "wow man !I could hardly feel my shoulder today, and oh my knee hurts!
Whatever made me think he would turn a corner, and God knows show something. SAY something!,,nice,,, grr. Ok I'm orver it. Hes not my God. I Have to keep a closer diary and take the symptoms to my Dr. . DRS. I have 2 now, oh goody. It's the weirdest thing, but maybe God thought, it's going to take 2 pros for this one.
SO the part of my body that hurts really bad is the arch of my foot, Which sucks because I was feeling pretty posative, and honestly thinking,,,,,,well, maybe this was just all in my head. When I got off the phone with my friend , there was an eye opener for me, I didn't talk much,,, you know why? Brain fog. Im cosey enough to this person that I Can just come out with a pause and ask to be forgiven, if I get derailed. (And she understands.)
Guess I should of just gone to moan groan and complain. 😞

Re: oh no not again!

I wouldn't worry about the venue moe 1959, we all spill over no matter where we are. It's just too big a burden a lot of the time. Glad you have an understanding friend.

�� hello also from the other end of the uk. Im sorry for all of your experiences,and still young to be dealing with cancer.
I hope you are clear now?
Interesting you mention the explosion in fibro diagnosises.Ive been wondering whats behind it all myself...
I have been recentley diagnosed but have been unwell for years..i was having brain fog fatigue and facial headaches starting 8-9 years ago and obviously a miriad of unexplained stuff since then.
At the time these things started i put all symptoms down to another issue i was having.struggling on regardless...now the pain element is unignorable..is that a word?lol im new here so nice to meet you...x

Hi Dee,

I am Rhonda from Ottawa, Ontario Canada. I've had fibro for about 12-15 years. You have been thru so much and I feel for you. I take medical marijuana for my pain. The Lyrica helps slightly but I hate the side effects. I know moving is supposed to help but sometimes when you're in pain it's hard to even get out of bed. Anyways, my pain is nothing compared to what you're going thru. Hang in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back