New Member (Say Hi)
Registered Member

LeAnnK6 is on a distinguished road
New Member (Say Hi)
Registered Member
City: El Cajon
State: California
Diagnosed: 07/1997
Interest: I have Fibromyalgia, chronic pain, or chronic fatigue.
LeAnnK6 is on a distinguished road
Smile Hi from Southern CA!

Hi! Thanks for having me! I'm 56, married, mom of 6, grandma to 1, retired US Navy Corpsman. I'm originally from Minnesota. I work full time in a locked psychiatric facility and when I'm flaring, it's truly miserable trying to work. I also have a One Minute Business (Watkins) that I'm working on so that I can maybe work part time. I've probably had fibro since my 20's but didn't get diagnosed until mid 30's. I like to exercise but the post exercise flaring seems to be worse. I take Savella, Viibyrd B/P meds and HRT. When flaring, the fibro fog and feeling clumsy is so weird. I worry about forgetting something important at work and thankfully my co workers keep an eye on me. LOL! If any of you work full time, how do you cope with your fibro flares? Thanks for having me! LeAnn
Old 03-12-2016, 02:11 AM #2 (permalink)
Registered Member

DK_engineer is on a distinguished road
Registered Member
City: Newberg
State: OR
Diagnosed: 05/2015
Interest: I have Fibromyalgia, chronic pain, or chronic fatigue.
DK_engineer is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Hi from Southern CA!

Hi LeAnn, welcome

I work full time, but in a very different field (engineering). I use FMLA to cover my bad days. As long as I control the pace of my work day, I usually do ok. So far this year I have only used 3 days of FMLA (knock on wood). I've noticed that most days my symptoms follow a pattern - pretty bad in the morning, best part of the day in the middle, then getting worse in the afternoon. I try to plan my activity at work to take advantage of the good time. I also use checklists and methodical double checks to cope with fibro fog.

When I really don't feel good I take a short walk - that usually helps. There are also times when I need about 10 minutes of what I think of as "intense rest", meaning I relax physically and mentally.

Hope this helps... I would love to hear about any techniques you have found to keep working too.
Closed Thread

Tags
cry, exercise, fibro flares, fibro fog, flares, work, working, zestybiz.com