DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
10/2007
Country
US
State
AZ
Hey!
New to this forum. I haven't been much of a joiner for support groups in years. I was surfing the web wondering why I most enjoy nights, the dark,and when everyone is the house is asleep. I willing to give up hours of sleep for this precious quiet time (quiet except when my love is snoring at which time I wear noise reducing ear muffs). I was feeling alone and wondering what was wrong with me and if I was the only one with sensory overload issues from daily life. As a result over the years I've developed phobias in regards to germs, loud sounds, too many people, overly bright colors, bright light and traveling too far from home. I feel like i've become a mess but found comfort from the forum that I'm not alone. Thank you

Hi and welcome...have you been diagnosed with fibro or is a it a concern because sensory overload is part of this condition.

I too suffer with overload like you as if my brain is all ready full up with living with pain and fatigue..so anything else seems too much. Mine has got much worse in the last year or two and followed a big trauma that also made the pain and fatigue much worse too.

You are only the second person on here that like me has got a bit phobic about germs...for me its as if my mind is so traumatized by how incapacitating fibro is for me that my mind has gone into self protection mode.

When my health has been better i am less anxious.....i hope you feel more support being on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back