Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
05/1990
Country
CA
State
NS
New here. Actually new to any chat group or blog. Getting desperate for support and help. :sad:

You are in the right place ...welcome Mcranton. Ask away, vent, whatever you need to do. Lots of lovely folk on here to support you.

Tell us about yourself and what's troubling you or how you are feeling..whatever is relevant and you want to share....we are all here to listen and understand.

I am struggling with what is next. I was diagnosed in my 20's and now am 50. Many medications that don't seem to help. A doctor that seems unsupportive and feels like he is just patronizing me. I live in a small rural community that isn't real sympathetic to invisible ailments ans no support here. I have to be honest though and admit I am confused also with where this is going. It hurts everyday doing everything. I am very tired and frustrated. I am struggling with a full time job, but it is a very accommodating job for the moment. I just worry about looking like I am missing too much time. Never seems to be a day when I can just enjoy life without pain. Asking to be referred to a rheumatologist again, but feel like I will be starting over and not sure I have the energy for it again.

Mcranton, I wanted to say hi and welcome. Your story is so familiar. I do get the missing work, but if you don't take care of you, you won't be able to work. And Dictors...well my new word for them sums that up! You definitely need to hit the open forum and maybe start looking at what treatments you haven't tried it could maybe add. EVERY little improvement adds up. The open welcome forum sometimes get neglected, so people might not c your post.
Please jump right in. We are glad to welcome you.

I can understand what your going through. I miss being able to work, socializing, being able to say to myself, I feel good today.
I'm glad you posted and I agree with Eyesup, you need to take care of yourself! Hugs...��

Thank you for your kind welcome. Looking forward to exploring the other topics and glad there is somewhere to vent. Just tired of living in the fibro fog alone. Thanks so much.

Welcome Mcranton. You are in the right place in a friendly community. Its time to undergo a paradigm shift. Depressurize and share your problems to a listening and sympathetic community. I have a relative with chronic pain. I also suffer from the same spasmodically I also have periodic dental flares. Since I came here, I have learnt alot and no longer feel lonely.

Hi ,
i also have a family member with fibro who has had it long enough to just seem to accept the reduction in lifestyle. I'm just struggling with everything as are you. I just joined this group also...so frustrated with being tired, non-functioning and have lost my purpose in life...i want to find it again, even if it is something different. I'm fortunate that I'm now retired so no job to worry about but really miss the social aspect. hang in there!

Read my new blog by Dannyo !

Hi McRanton, Welcome aboard. There's absolutely no need to feel alone. This forum is a very welcoming place, and members are a wealth of support and information. I can relate to the doctor situation, as well as your feelings of isolation. It's great that you do have an accommodating job. I see you're in Canada. I don't know how disability works up there, but here in the United States, it's usually best to work as long as possible before going out on disability if you end up having to do that, because it ultimately means higher disability income. While you're deciding on how to proceed medically, you can pop into the alternative treatment section and see what's worked/working for others. Perhaps you can find things you can do on your own that will improve how you're feeling, whether physically, mentally, or both.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back