Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
08/2013
Country
US
State
TX
Hello everyone. I am new to this group. Although, my support system is great, I need advice in how to voice my discomfort from my fibro to my boyfriend. He is SO amazing. I am just always worried he may leave me eventually :-(

Ah welcome salopez10. I'm glad you have good support.

I know it is a worry. I worry too as my fibro has got a lot worse but you say your boyfriend is so amazing and your illness doesn't define you.

I am sure you have lots of amazing qualities and if your boyfriend truly loves you as i am sure he does he won't want to leave you.

You don't say how old or how severely fibro affects you...if you can still work or be social sometimes? Some people can pace and carry on and do quite a lot while others are more restricted.

Just give your boyfriend the appreciation for all his love and support and support him back in the ways that you are able with warm words and a listening ear when he needs it.

You could point your boyfriend to this site or there is lots of info on the web or from books he could read to help him understand your condition.

Be open and explain how it affects you......and if you feel overwhelmed and don't want to keep talking about pain etc too much vent on here any time.

Welcome salopez.
Willow said it quite eloquently. Your boyfriend loves YOU, not your fibromyalgia. Please be patient with him, if you hate what fibro does to you you can't expect him to embrace fibro. We sometimes hate our illness so much we confuse it with our feelings for ourselves and forget there really is more to us too live!
I don't think anyone who hasn't exsperiances this crapoy disease can really understand how truely horrific it is, that doesn't meen they can't have compasion.
It took me along time to learn about and accept my disease, I don't think my husband ever truely will and that's OK, I understand stand how he can drink beer and love it but that doesn't change my feelings for him!
I have found posting in "general support" will get you more answers and help, so go there and post for help or look through old post, I promise your not alone on this question.
Sorry I'm long winded. I can make a short story long!
Welcome to you. ; )

I just wanted to say hello to everyone. This is my first time posting on this support group. I hope it helps me. I'm feeling very defeated. I'm going to check out some of the other threads and try to talk to people on them as much as I can because it's hard just sitting here by myself with my thoughts most of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back