New Member (Say Hi)
Registered Member

Valerie is on a distinguished road
New Member (Say Hi)
Registered Member
City: St. Augustine
State: FL
Diagnosed: 05/2016
Interest: I am being diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and/or chronic pain.
Valerie is on a distinguished road
Default Introduction - new to forum and diagosed

I wanted to say hello and introduce myself. I'm 50 years old and have suffered for many years never knowing what was wrong with me and all my mysterious pain. After the long process of working through and finding the right doctors sympathetic to my suffering, despite nearly perfect blood work for my entire life, and negative test results for all the usual things...I was diagnosed this morning.

I am being referred by the Rheumatologist to a Pain Mgmt Doctor who is Fibro friendly, and he will take over from here.

I am scared and weirdly excited, as it is a mixed blessing to finally have an answer that will hopefully allow a better approach to helping instead of just masking. I look forward to being here in the group with people who understand we are not crazy.

Valerie
Old 05-24-2016, 04:30 PM #2 (permalink)
New Member (Say Hi)
Registered Member

Icebear is on a distinguished road
New Member (Say Hi)
Registered Member
City: Tampere
State: Pirkanmaa
Diagnosed: 01/2016
Interest: I have Fibromyalgia, chronic pain, or chronic fatigue.
Icebear is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Introduction - new to forum and diagosed

Hi Valerie,

No - we are nor crazy! We have some limits in our lives, but we still have a life. Someones get help with medicine, special diet works for some of us... Yoga or other smooth exercises have given good results for somebodies. Now you might have name and reason for your illness, next you can try to find out what is good for you. Be patient. Try to keep out of stress. Stay positive always when possible. You maybe have to try plenty of things before finding your best way to live your life. But you will find it. Take care!
Old 05-26-2016, 11:53 PM #3 (permalink)
Registered Member

Eyesup is on a distinguished road
Registered Member
City: NR
State: Florida
Diagnosed: 12/2015
Interest: I have Fibromyalgia, chronic pain, or chronic fatigue.
Eyesup is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Introduction - new to forum and diagosed

I understand that weird feeling of being excited and scared at the same time. I was 50 when I FINEALLY got diagnosed also. Years of Bering referred to shrinks and treated like a hypochondriac. i think my first post was something like @almost relieved" now I know more about it and man I hate it. But you can't treat something if you don't even have a name for it at least now you have something to work with.
This is a great place to find real life answers. Many kind and compasionate people. We welcome you.
Closed Thread

Tags
doctors, early, introduction, new to forum, newbie, pain, rheumatologist, scared, test, wanted, working, wrong