New Member (Say Hi)
Registered Member

iameliza is on a distinguished road
New Member (Say Hi)
Registered Member
City: Wodonga
State: Victoria
Diagnosed: 01/2014
Interest: I have Fibromyalgia, chronic pain, or chronic fatigue.
iameliza is on a distinguished road
Default Hello!!

Hello everyone,

My name is Eliza and I'm 22 years old. I was diagnosed with Fibro at 18 and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome at 21, so I'm still new to it I guess you could say and trying to figure out what works best for me.

Lately I've been struggling with medications and I'm on Topamax at the moment, so of course I was hunting on the Internet to find if other people were having the same side effects as me, and if people were on Topamax for Fibro pain, and not a lot of people are, so I don't know if it's a new thing or not.

I hope everyone is having a somewhat good day, and make sure you have had your nap today as well.
iameliza is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 12:09 PM #2 (permalink)
New Member (Say Hi)
Registered Member

Wheels is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Wheels Send a message via MSN to Wheels Send a message via Yahoo to Wheels
New Member (Say Hi)
Registered Member
City: Kansas City
State: MO
Diagnosed: 01/2012
Interest: I have Fibromyalgia, chronic pain, or chronic fatigue.
Wheels is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Wheels Send a message via MSN to Wheels Send a message via Yahoo to Wheels
Default Re: Hello!!

Hi Eliza! I've been struggling with fibro for about 6 years or so and I'm not taking Topamax right now, but I did take it for chronic migraines years ago and it was fantastic but it does have some weird side effects. Pop tasted really weird, I couldn't handle being too hot, after I took a dose, I could actually feel it in my mouth several minutes later. It affected my memory too. It was a miracle for me as far as the migraines, I had suffered so many years with all that pain in my head. And the side effects faded the longer I took the pill. I never thought of taking them for my fibro but it makes sense.

Tags
good, hope, medications, pain