Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
01/2020
Country
US
State
ME
Does anyone else have random anxiety attacks for seemingly no reason?? I am having that issue today and have NO idea why. I have nothing that I should be feeling anxious about. Is this normal with Fibro??

Hi Sabrina,
I have no idea if it is common with Fibro or not. But I have chronic anxiety myself, so at least I can empathize. A lot of the time it is just a low-grade constant uneasiness, and at times it breaks out into full blown anxiety attacks. Usually it is not due to something I can trace, although these days there is an awful lot going on in the world that triggers anxiety in me, so it is more common. I find it annoying because the anxiety is not at all helpful to me in dealing with the various situations I find myself in, nor with world events.

Hi Sabrina,
I have no idea if it is common with Fibro or not. But I have chronic anxiety myself, so at least I can empathize. A lot of the time it is just a low-grade constant uneasiness, and at times it breaks out into full blown anxiety attacks. Usually it is not due to something I can trace, although these days there is an awful lot going on in the world that triggers anxiety in me, so it is more common. I find it annoying because the anxiety is not at all helpful to me in dealing with the various situations I find myself in, nor with world events.
Yeah I dont know if this is Fibro related or not. Normally I ma not an anxious or jittery person and it happens completely out of the blue. Sometimes will last a few minutes to a few hours. Not alot of fun for sure.

Sabrina, in my opinion, there is more than enough going on right now in the world to give anyone anxiety attacks.

Does anyone else have random anxiety attacks for seemingly no reason?? I am having that issue today and have NO idea why. I have nothing that I should be feeling anxious about. Is this normal with Fibro??

I don’t know if it is “normal” but I never had them before until the past 1.5 years I have had about 4 of them and they are totally random.

what are the symptoms you are feeling? are you able to sleep at night? do you feel like you need to pee every time?

what are the symptoms you are feeling? are you able to sleep at night? do you feel like you need to pee every time?
I get an anxious feeling in my chest. No I dont not sleep well at night at all. Cant remember the last decent nights sleep I got. Peeing doesnt seem to be part of it. Its quite strange!! I dont feel anxious but get that feeling mostly in my chest.

hi yes i can wake up them some mornings ..or get one sat watching tv .. i find certain triggers though ..chocolate ..white bread ..caffiene ..biscuits ..
( wheat ) mostly ..

My opinion - anyone who doesn't feel at least a little bit of anxiety at least some of the time these days is not paying attention to what is going on.
This world situation is bad, and it is going to get worse before it gets better. If it gets better. Personally, my anxiety level has been at an all-time high and more frequent than ever before in my life. I try to keep it down, have various things I do to accomplish that. but a day never passes that I don't experience it, and some of the time it just comes in a wave that hits me without warning. Very unpleasant, and makes it hard to get anything done.
Is anyone else experiencing this increase these days?

Normally I am not an anxious person and dont get too anxious easily. I have experienced far more anxiety sensations for quite some time now that I never experienced before. As far as the world wide Corona Virus I am more angry than anxious about it. I feel like they are trying to frighten people and are not reporting ALL the facts just the ones that are frightening. Yes it is VERY serious and scary. Many of us are doing what we are supposed to to help slow and stop the spread. I live in the USA and they are making predictions they have no business putting out there. No one can predict what this virus will do. Myself and those I love are taking it all very seriously without panicking. I only listen to very short sections of the news now and watch shows that are funny or relaxing. I read and listen to music even at work. Keep calm and ride out the storm.

Sabrina, I don't know who the "they" it is that you think is trying to frighten people. I have not encountered that. But just looking at the actual figures from reliable places like Johns Hopkins, the WHO and the CDC, this is a very big deal indeed. And so are the predictions.

None of those places have the slightest thing to gain by frightening people; they have never been known to do that in the past and are not doing that now. Six million people in the USA are unemployed. Fact, and not something put out there to frighten anyone. Economy in the US is collapsing. Fact, not made up to frighten anyone. There are now a million cases, confirmed, worldwide. Fact. Probably there are a lot more than that, especially in the US because there are not enough tests to test everyone who is sick. 50,000 people worldwide have died. Again, fact.

These things are very frightening, and are not made up. There is no need or reason for anyone to "try to frighten" people....the fact speak loudly for themselves. To disregard any of it because you think it is not as bad as is being said, is to put yourself and others at greater risk.

As for predictions, the predictions they speak of are based on facts as well: what the virus has done so far, what other viruses have done in the past, and how people are transmitting it.
Yes, no one has a crystal ball.

But the predictions are being made because we need to prepare for it and act appropriately now, they are not made to frighten people.

It is the same as saying that if you run your car without oil it will stop working in 20 miles. OK, it might be 15 or it might be 25. But the prediction is essentially correct.

I don't spend a lot of time reading the news either, as it raises my anxiety level and I don't need that. But I cannot get away from the facts. I think it is important for people to pay attention to this and not discount anything, including the predictions, especially in the US where because of the federal government being so slow to act there are now more cases than there are anywhere else in the world.

Last edited:
Sabrina, I don't know who the "they" it is that you think is trying to frighten people. I have not encountered that. But just looking at the actual figures from reliable places like Johns Hopkins, the WHO and the CDC, this is a very big deal indeed. And so are the predictions.

None of those places have the slightest thing to gain by frightening people; they have never been known to do that in the past and are not doing that now. Two million people in the USA are unemployed. Fact, and not something put out there to frighten anyone. Economy in the US is collapsing. Fact, not made up to frighten anyone. There are now a million cases, confirmed, worldwide. Fact. Probably there are a lot more than that, especially in the US because there are not enough tests to test everyone who is sick. 50,000 people worldwide have died. Again, fact.

These things are very frightening, and are not made up. There is no need or reason for anyone to "try to frighten" people....the fact speak loudly for themselves. To disregard any of it because you think it is not as bad as is being said, is to put yourself and others at greater risk.

As for predictions, the predictions they speak of are based on facts as well: what the virus has done so far, what other viruses have done in the past, and how people are transmitting it.
Yes, no one has a crystal ball.

But the predictions are being made because we need to prepare for it and act appropriately now, they are not made to frighten people.

It is the same as saying that if you run your car without oil it will stop working in 20 miles. OK, it might be 15 or it might be 25. But the prediction is essentially correct.

I don't spend a lot of time reading the news either, as it raises my anxiety level and I don't need that. But I cannot get away from the facts. I think it is important for people to pay attention to this and not discount anything, including the predictions, especially in the US where because of the federal government being so slow to act there are now more cases than there are anywhere else in the world.
They would be our news media. I understand the seriousness and I want facts but ALL the facts not just the scary ones reported. I do my own research for ALL the facts and keep it all in perspective. It is a very serious virus and yes we should pay attention but tell us ALL the information and not just report the worst. My thoughts are with those that will become the most panicked and fearful and the emotional wellbeing of people. :)

Last edited:
Well, it is certainly true that you cannot believe everything you read. I completely ignore all news media except for the very few news websites I have learned to trust over the years. They may occasionally get something wrong, but will say so and apologize if they do, and they will never deliberately mislead.
Right now, I don't actually know what facts can be reported that are NOT scary. What facts do you think they are not reporting? I'd really like to know.

Do you know of something that is good news that is not being reported?
I'd sure like to know what that is, if so. As far as I can tell, there's no good news at this point about what is going on. I think they are telling us all they know.
Again, of course, I am referring to the reliable good news outlets, not talking about trash media that sensationalizes, not talking about viral crap on the internet. I never pay attention to that, and suggest that no one should.

Once there is some good news I am sure the high quality news media I refer to will be falling all over themselves to report it. Right now I think they are reporting all the news they have. They have nothing to gain and a lot to lose by doing anything less!

I agree with you that to panic is never a good idea. I am doing my best to keep anxiety at a manageable level, but it is a daily challenge. distracting myself is necessary, once I have read enough each day to know the basics, so I don't miss something really important I might need to know when things are changing daily. I have stopped looking at the infected/death numbers every day, though.

I'm grateful that I live well outside of town, and have my animals for company, and a studio in which I make art, and all of that keeps me relatively sane. :)

What are you doing to keep sane these days?

Well, it is certainly true that you cannot believe everything you read. I completely ignore all news media except for the very few news websites I have learned to trust over the years. They may occasionally get something wrong, but will say so and apologize if they do, and they will never deliberately mislead.
Right now, I don't actually know what facts can be reported that are NOT scary. What facts do you think they are not reporting? I'd really like to know.

Do you know of something that is good news that is not being reported?
I'd sure like to know what that is, if so. As far as I can tell, there's no good news at this point about what is going on. I think they are telling us all they know.
Again, of course, I am referring to the reliable good news outlets, not talking about trash media that sensationalizes, not talking about viral crap on the internet. I never pay attention to that, and suggest that no one should.

Once there is some good news I am sure the high quality news media I refer to will be falling all over themselves to report it. Right now I think they are reporting all the news they have. They have nothing to gain and a lot to lose by doing anything less!

I agree with you that to panic is never a good idea. I am doing my best to keep anxiety at a manageable level, but it is a daily challenge. distracting myself is necessary, once I have read enough each day to know the basics, so I don't miss something really important I might need to know when things are changing daily. I have stopped looking at the infected/death numbers every day, though.

I'm grateful that I live well outside of town, and have my animals for company, and a studio in which I make art, and all of that keeps me relatively sane. :)

What are you doing to keep sane these days?
Right now I keep sane by limiting news coverage, going to work, reading, and hanging with my husband :)

Sabrina, I am still just really curious what facts you think the news media are not telling us. Would like to know what you think.

Limiting news is a good idea. Sure hope that you can maintain the distance required and so on if you are still going to work, and hope your work doesn't bring you in contact with the public..

(I you are a health care worker, then kudos to you. And thanks.)
Take care!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back