Lea

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
02/2020
Country
UK
Hi
First time posting or talking about this sorry if I ramble.
I have had pain in parts of my body for years since I was in secondary school. Been to the doctor again and again and was told it’s just growing pains will stop when you get older they never did stop they just got worst. I’m now 33 years old and Last year my doctor said it sounds like you have Fibromyalgia symptoms since then I have gone from 25mg pregabalin twice a day to 100mg twice a day in the space of four months I getting a lot of pain in my body. the spots I seem to get it the most are my hips and back and in my hands and arms I been having muscle tremors in my back and hands
my hands seem to Have a little shake all the time now
Does anyone have any ideas I could try for the pain ?
Sorry for rambling
Lea

Hi Lea, Sorry you have had to come here, but welcome all the same.

There are different solutions for everyone. But my advice, for what it's worth, is to try hard not to solve the problem with the use of pain medication alone, because as you have noticed that only leads you down a dark road of having to take more and more. If the medication is opiate based, it leads to addiction which will ruin your life.

No one thing works for everyone. But for most fibro people there are a few things that definitely will help, and they are:
Eating a very healthy diet
Avoiding sugar, caffeine and alcohol, or at least cutting down on them drastically
Getting enough sleep every night, even if that means cutting out other activities. (Most report needing 8 to 9 hours a night)
Removing stress from your life as much as possible, and especially removing toxic people fro your life.
Learning how to pace yourself in activities, listen to your body, rest when you need to, and don't try to do everything.
Getting some kind of exercise every day, even if it's more one day and less another day
Maintaining a positive attitude towards your difficulties rather than slipping into self pity or giving up and thinking nothing will help.
Make peace with a slower way of living and learn to be OK with being sometimes limited in what you can do.
Coming here to vent when you need to, and get support.
Using whatever natural non-pain medication things might work: heating pad, ice packs, TENS machine, massage, acupuncture, chiropractic, nutritional supports, experimenting with your diet, and so on.

No need to apologize about rambling....you are not rambling. You are welcome here and we will do our best to answer your questions and help.

Thanks sunkacola will give your suggestions a try.
I have Already cut out a lot of the sugar stuff I was eating and drinking and trying to eat healthy and have been using compression gloves at work for my hands. I don’t like taking painkillers before this year I didn’t really take anything apart from paracetamol . I always struggled with my sleep the most I get a nite is 6hrs some nites not even that I’m staring at the ceiling I have found with these tablets though I’m falling a sleep in the middle of the day if I’m relaxing at home.
Today was just a hard day for me I love drawing use to like doing designs on T-shirt’s and with my hands shaking I have not been able to for a while. My manger at work today ask me to do a design on a board for our hot food counter and it upset me that I couldn’t do it. Been trying to think positive and focus on what I can do at the minute

Sometimes the fatigue we experience makes us sleep in the daytime. If you need to take a nap and you are able to do so, then let your body have that. It will help.

About the shaking hands. Years ago I had very shaky hands, not from fibromyalgia, but from something entirely unrelated. At the time I did not think they would ever stop shaking, as there could have been permanent nerve damage. In fact, they shook constantly for over three years but eventually it stopped. Yours might, also. And I want to let you know that it is possible to learn to do even intricate things with hands that shake. I know because I did that. I seriously wanted to make gold and silver jewelry, so I learned how to do it and compensate for my shaky hands by bracing my hands in different ways to stop the shake. I ended up being a professional custom jeweler, with shaky hands! So take heart....your hands may not always shake, but even if they do you can train yourself to do the art you want to do even so, if you really want to do it.

And good for you for focusing on what you can do. that's important.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back