Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
09/2020
Country
CA
State
BC
I was just diagnosed and am hesitant to take medication right away. Curious as to alternatives. I am trying physio tomorrow and have read masssage and acupuncture help. Anyone have other suggestions that have worked for them? I am going to watch my diet and try different things there. Any suggestions would be appreciated! 😊

Consistent exercise is considered the best way to manage fibro, as well as good sleep. I would recommend starting with those two things and see how you are feeling. It's also just as important not to overdo it because that can cause a flare up. So finding balance with sleep and exercise, listening to your body, and taking time to alleviate stress are all important. I have a nutritionist I am working with, not specifically for fibro but because I developed disordered eating by trying to restrict too many foods in order to manage my fibro better, and a chiropractor, and a PT right now. Also looking for a therapist to help me manage my stress better and pain, too. A mindfulness practice and regular meditation are also helpful to me.

Thank you! I have been exercising and trying to sleep well. I find that is a challenge a lot of nights. 🙁 I am going to physio for first time today as well!

Good for you for not wanting to go directly to medications and to try other things first.

Here is what I have learned through my own experimenting and a whole lot of research. Please read, and see if you can find things that you can implement to help you without medication.
Best of luck!

what form of CBC did you try?

what form of CBC did you try?
I use a CBD tincture that I buy in the same place I get the medical cannabis tincture, and I use them together in varying percentages. I have found it to be very helpful to me. Certain kinds of pain can actually vanish altogether about 5 minutes after I take the combined tinctures. Others at least ease off a bit. And it helps me to sleep, as well. The THC has also been beneficial in helping me to manage stress.

CBD by itself statistically is less effective, but some people swear by it so it is an individual thing. CBD by itself never helped me, which is why I added the THC.

Personal experimentation is the only way to find out what works for you. I always do recommend that people use tinctures or edibles because smoking or vaping anything at all is very injurious to the lungs. And especially in this time of an airborne plague that attacks the lungs, that's a very bad idea.

I've had a breakthrough with supplements targeting mitochondria. Taking CoQ10, ALA and folic acid every morning has made a massive difference for me. Of course, we're all different! Prior to this, I spent about 7 months trying different diets, to no avail, but some people have a lot of success with dietary changes. Exercise is massively important, as is sleep. Pacing is key - not overdoing things, gradually learning your limits, and giving yourself permission to have downtime.

Good do hear that, Jemima! I tried a whole supposedly carefully worked out regime of supps, incl. CoQ10, but unfortunately none of them didn't do anything, apart from getting unbelievably high levels of B12... But exercise, sleeping, pacing...: yes, of course, I'd guess that's for everyone, just hard to find your way there..

I haven’t tried CoQ10. Will read up on it! I have finally been sleeping better last few weeks. Working on 5e exercise as some days are hard. ☹️

I hear a lot of good things about CBD. Although medication is recommended, I feel why you're hesitant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back