Frustrated I even may have to choose

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been using RSO (Rick Simpson Oil) for the last 7 years for pain. It's the strongest medicine you can get from the marrijuana plant. It was made to help and cure cancer. It helped my dog with her tumors. You start by taking 1/2 grain of rice. It is very strong but if you start small doses then slightly increase you shouldn't feel too high. I take it depending on how bad the pain either 2 or 3 times a day. I'm fully functional while taking it and sleep better.
Not for everyone I'm sure but extremely helpful for me.
(((gentle hugs)))

Welcome to a whole new world of medical impossibilities, doc... :cool: - I remember the first doc saying that to me in my 20s, an orthopedist about a back problem, which later PTs corrected that my back/leg reaction was possible.
I'm similarly fairly quick with med reactions, but also my quickest reactions are my gut to food inside of sometimes 30 minutes. (The slowest tomatoes: My colon stings 24 hours later.)
However reactions that quick once again make me think they might be immune system reactions - MCAS.... Then it might well be the excipients, not necessarily the active ingredients you're reacting to. In my case I think it's the active substances, but my reactions to meds (skin, gut, seizures) do take an hour or 2 to develop.
It's not an allergic reaction but actual listed side effects of the med. I wish I could blame it on an allergic reaction because I probably could have saved myself some bad days!

I've been using RSO (Rick Simpson Oil) for the last 7 years for pain. It's the strongest medicine you can get from the marrijuana plant. It was made to help and cure cancer. It helped my dog with her tumors. You start by taking 1/2 grain of rice. It is very strong but if you start small doses then slightly increase you shouldn't feel too high. I take it depending on how bad the pain either 2 or 3 times a day. I'm fully functional while taking it and sleep better.
Not for everyone I'm sure but extremely helpful for me.
(((gentle hugs)))
Considered medical marijuana but it would require me to give up too much. My career for one.

It's not an allergic reaction but actual listed side effects of the med
I understand, but as the neurologist seems to think it would take longer for the effect / side effect of the med to develop, I was wondering whether that is due to a less well-known "pathway". But of course it may be a listed side effect that just develops quicker than the main effect due to such a different pathway, whatever that may be....

I understand, but as the neurologist seems to think it would take longer for the effect / side effect of the med to develop, I was wondering whether that is due to a less well-known "pathway". But of course it may be a listed side effect that just develops quicker than the main effect due to such a different pathway, whatever that may be....
It's possible, just wish my neurologist would have been willing to talk and educate me for even 30 seconds. He shut me down and sent me on my way.

mainly a response to the original post:
that's awful. i've been locked out of a lot of decent job opportunities because of drug testing, but being in the position to lose a job you're already established in because of pain management is horrible. it feels incredibly strange that cannabis is still part of drug testing with widespread decriminalization, the fact that it's really not dangerous at all, and the fact that EVERYONE does weed. any random person is likely to do weed. even their mom is likely to do weed. why does anyone care, or even just not care enough to remove those archaic restrictions? it's unfair to the average person and it's incredibly unfair to the average pain sufferer.

my main thought that's very optimistic and probably not very anchored in reality would be an appeal to whatever higher system you work for - an explanation of your condition, the need for medical marijuana, and the should-be-obvious fact that it won't actually affect your work. it could even be phrased as reasonable accommodation. but i just got fired for asking for reasonable accommodation, with no avenues for recompense, so I can't in good conscience tell you to fully trust the systems in power to be as reasonable as the laws imply.

why does anyone care, or even just not care enough to remove those archaic restrictions?
because it is still classified as a schedule 1 drug in federal law...
decriminalizing at the state level does nothing to change the federal view.. that would have to change before other things change.

And as a former truck driver, there is no way i could have kept my job if I used marijuana. I would have lost my job, and my CDL if I had been caught with it in my system.

I personally dont really care what someone does in their off time, but I really dont think I would want a surgeon to be under the influence when going under the knife.. while it may not hurt the person using it, per se, it can, and often does, cause drowsiness, and there are many occupations where that could be extremely dangerous to others.

Last edited:
because it is still classified as a schedule 1 drug in federal law...
there are some jobs that don't drug test, or even drug test but not for cannabis. it's not a federally mandated thing, it's decisions made by individual companies and boards. and there's a huge difference between being under the influence at work, and using it in your free time. random drug tests are not for protecting against the first option, they're for punishing the second. any mistakes on the job would be noticed and dealt with, as standard practice, regardless of where they stem from. i'd think if you need a drug test to evaluate on-the-job performance then they're either not looking at the quality of work very much, or not seeing much of a drop in it.

there are some jobs that don't drug test, or even drug test but not for cannabis. it's not a federally mandated thing, it's decisions made by individual companies and boards. and there's a huge difference between being under the influence at work, and using it in your free time. random drug tests are not for protecting against the first option, they're for punishing the second. any mistakes on the job would be noticed and dealt with, as standard practice, regardless of where they stem from. i'd think if you need a drug test to evaluate on-the-job performance then they're either not looking at the quality of work very much, or not seeing much of a drop in it.
all i can really speak to is driving truck, and as a driver, i was subject to random testing at any time, any place.

DOT could pull me over for an inspection (there are several different levels of this) at any time and if they really wanted to, they could make me take a drug test. So in that respect, it was about "on the job" - and because of the nature of the business, my employers could not actually see me doing my job.. all they could tell was if I was making my pick ups and deliveries on time, and if not, there had better be a darn good reason for it (ie: truck breakdown, bad weather, etc - something they could easily verify). Outside of scheduled appointments to pick up or deliver goods, I was left pretty much to my own devices.

and until the fed decides to decriminalize, companies will continue to test for it because they legally can.
Plus, THC can stay in your system for a long time if you use regularly.. even a casual user can have it in their system for about a week...it would then be on you to prove that you were not using while "on the job".. not an easy thing to do.

Again.. your off time, your choice. I chose not to even deal with it at all because of what I did for a living. I dont drink much either for the same reason - even tho i have not been in a truck since 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back