Not open for further replies.

Cutiegirl

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
06/2022
Country
CA
Too funny...Tom Brady's new book talks about his special diet. Guess what? It's our fibro diet! He says he eats this way to reduce inflammation in his body. Haha! No gluten, no dairy, no sugar and no nightshades. So now you can proudly tell your friends that you, "EAT LIKE BRADY!" (Okay. Yes. I find this hysterically funny.) :)

not a big sports fan, but yeah, i know who Tom Brady is... and I do think it is kind of funny that his so called "special" diet is the same one so many other people use.

Too funny...Tom Brady's new book talks about his special diet. Guess what? It's our fibro diet! He says he eats this way to reduce inflammation in his body. Haha! No gluten, no dairy, no sugar and no nightshades. So now you can proudly tell your friends that you, "EAT LIKE BRADY!" (Okay. Yes. I find this hysterically funny.) :)
@Cutiegirl, thanks for your post..........and I want to note for our many readers that there is no "Fibromyalgia Diet".

Not everyone who has fibro will benefit from the diet you describe, although some will. For instance, I don't eat gluten but nightshades and dairy don't exacerbate anything, so I eat them regularly, especially dairy. Eating nightshades does increase inflammation, but not all people with fibro have inflammation. Sugar is the only thing you list that I believe (but cannot say it is certain) adds to the intensity or frequency of fibro symptoms.

Nothing is known for sure when it comes to fibro treatment, or more to the point nothing works for everyone.

Everyone's body reacts differently from certain foods. I believe that food is medicine and you should only eat what makes you feel good. Staying away from inflammatory foods like sugar is a good thing. Gluten may not affect you but trust me the roundup and metals will so get away from garbage flour. Make cassava bread! Then there's the fact that you now need to eat 5 apples to get the nutrition of one.

Eat what you want when you want. Stop overcomplicating it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back