Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
04/2015
Country
US
State
MD
All these years of pain and low stamina and drinking too much alcohol and panic attacks and depression.
I was almost 50 years old when I was finally diagnosed with fibromyalgia. Why didn't one of the many doctors I've seen over the years even mention the possibility of this?
Anyway, hello! I'm now seeing a rheumatologist in Annapolis, MD and he started me on Gabapentin a few weeks ago and am slowly upping the dose to 1200 mg./day. I'm not sure if it's helping or not yet.
I was already taking an anti-depressant (Effexor), an anti-anxiety (Xanax), muscle relaxer (cyclobenzaprine) and HRT (Prempro).
There needs to be more AWARENESS out there.

realmayz, welcome to the forum.

sounds like you have a treatment plan.

i would like you to read my post "starting a daily log book and why it helps.

this will help you with knowing if your meds are working. it will also tell you about the doctors.

i hope to see you posting and replying soon.

have a few low pain day.

My hell was ten years of NOT getting thyroid supported and taking anti depressants all those years and finally when my osteopath called in for Armour thyroid in 2002, the 10 yrs of depression LIFTED....never came back. 1991-2002 was the 10 yrs of hellness.

Getting thyroid supported, getting Vit D tank filled up and grape seed extract have been my Salvations.

Now my new hell, is from a messed hip replacement in 2010.

Wish you well and hope you can feel better. I know what worked for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back