Other
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
ny
Hi guys,
I am 24yrs old and I started having throbbing pain, weakness and tingles in my right hand. I guessed it was carpal tunnel. I would actually drop things because of the weakness in my hand. I have had TMJ for 2 yrs now, bursitis in my shoulder, weak ribs, really bad migraines and really poor balance. as of recently my left hand and feet have been experiencing the same symptoms of my right hand. also I have noticed that in some areas when i have an itch and scratch it normally, it hurts really bad and even after I stop scratching it, it still hurts bad. also, I have pain in my hips if i sit for too long. and I get the restless leg stuff in my calves and forearms. any ideas?

There's a whole list of ideas but the only thing that I'd suggest to you is going to a doctor you trust to find out for sure.

If it would only be the hand issue, I would suggest RSI... but since you named the other things as well, it's probably not that... or at least not that alone. It's always better to know for sure. Don't forget to let us know what you find out. There's so much support here!

thank you,
the only problem is I have no health insurance right now.

I think you could try to find a doctor and see if you are eligible for state medical aid if you are unable to pay. I am 25 and I was in the same predicament. After awhile the pain and depression got so bad that I didn't care how much it cost. I went and just kept telling the doctor that I couldn't really afford anything. They were nice and gave me lots of samples of meds so I didn't have to pay for the prescriptions. I just had to pay what i could as I could. I am fortunate to have insurance now. I have recently got on temporary disability so I am not working. It's lonely being at home all the time but at least I don't have to worry about not waking up in time and feeling crappy all day at work. You should get checked out no matter what. I wish you lots of luck and I will pray for you. Hang in there.

do you think I have Fibro? I'm applying for state medical aid right now. thank you for the great advice :)

Hi guys,
I am 24yrs old and I started having throbbing pain, weakness and tingles in my right hand. I guessed it was carpal tunnel. I would actually drop things because of the weakness in my hand. I have had TMJ for 2 yrs now, bursitis in my shoulder, weak ribs, really bad migraines and really poor balance. as of recently my left hand and feet have been experiencing the same symptoms of my right hand. also I have noticed that in some areas when i have an itch and scratch it normally, it hurts really bad and even after I stop scratching it, it still hurts bad. also, I have pain in my hips if i sit for too long. and I get the restless leg stuff in my calves and forearms. any ideas?

I would definitely go to the doctor. It could be neurological, fibro, or anything. Those are all really bizarre symptoms. I hope you're ok and find out what is wrong! I can relate to the hand thing, but I have carpal tunnel.

ok, I will go to the Dr. as soon as I can. thank you!

Pain can be an indication of many other things. Sometimes, it may not be serious and it's simply because you are tired or undergoing a lot of stress. However, in some other cases, the pain may indicate a more serious condition. It is best to really consult a doctor and lay down all the symptoms that you experience on a day to day basis. That will help your doctor rule out the real condition. Sometimes, they also say it may only be in the mind, especially when you are surrounded by a lot of people who complain a lot. Therefore, assess your pain objectively.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back