Not open for further replies.

Babyallen2013

Diagnosis
11/2013
Country
US
State
ct
Hello all of you wonderful people out there that I am recently finding out are a part of the fibromyalgia world! I am a 27 year old mother of three who is newly diagnosed and completely lost. I have so many things going on at once that I don't know where to begin. So many things that I'm not sure are normal with fibromyalgia or if I should be delving deeper for answers. Is there anyone out there that could describe to me life with fibro? Specific pains, difficulties, feelings, or anything. It's almost 2am and for the third night I can't sleep. Even my fingertips hurt. I feel literally lost in my own room, I'm nauseous and scared. I just want answers from people who know what it's like. So anyone, please, please get back to me. Thanks so much. Stay strong.....

Welcome to the forum. In the begining stages of fibro symptoms can be strange and misleading. Bad muscle spasms and cramps, can feel like heart attacks. The fatigue is over-wheming and often depression gets it's foot in the door. Pain can range from mild to severe, and some medications work and others are worthless. But we must keep going the best we can and hope that our doctors are supportive and caring and kind.

There are many things you can do to improve your life. First treat yourself to lots of rest and try to cut down on the stress in your life. Don't multi-task anymore, do things at a slower pace. Give yourself a break by watching movies or taking bubble baths, reading good books or taking slow walks to enjoy nature. With a young child it is hard to find time just for you, so include her in some of the fun things. Enjoy her laughter and the funny things she says that make you laugh too.

Don't worry if the work takes longer and things do not always get done prefectly. Try to eat healthy and avoid too much sugar. At nighttime use a extra blanket over your lower legs and feet to prevent cramps. Look into getting a fiber or feather, or foam, bed pad. This is not a regular mattress pad, but is a pad that is 2-4 inches thick that you lay upon your regular mattress under your sheets. They come in all bed sizes and are usually affordable and available at most stores that handle bedroom items. They make sleeping easier as it feels like your sleeping on a cloud. I have used them for years, and they last a long time, to improve my sleep which helps cut down on the pain.

Other members have shared things they do which helps with the pain. Please read the topic sections that deal with your worse symptoms, and post where ever you like. I look forward to seeing you around the forum. Glad you found us. :)

Stress makes fybromyalgia symptoms worse. The more stress hormones that are released, the more compounded that effect will be. Trying to cut down on stress is essential to living through this condition. Rest, is also important. Do not be hard on yourself. So you need to rest and take it easy, that's OK.

Being newly diagnosed and lost is VERY stressful. You have to remember to pat yourself on the back, and take care of yourself. The definition of take care of yourself might change, but the change will improve your quality of life. Don't overdo it, live consistently and with moderation. Instead of feeling overwhelmed at all the details, try to focus on that moderation in life. As you do that, you will stress less and heal more. Hang in there!

The good news is your not alone. Lots of us here, take it a day or even an hour at a time if you need to. One of my most important lessons to learn was to learn to pace myself based on how I feel. You can make it, just take it one thing at a time.

Oops..............................................

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back