Not open for further replies.

Debbiep76

Reason
DX CP
Diagnosis
10/2015
Country
UK
Ok, so I was diagnosed some time ago and have been keeping my head above water (just) working part time whilst being a single mum.
My question is this. My symptoms seem to have gotten worse lately. I now have severe pain to sides and front of my neck. It feels like I have swollen glands and my neck feel big and stiff but glands ar not swollen according to GP. I have pain in my jaw and ears as well. My back is absolutely killing me right now, right from the top to the bottom (mainly on the right). Does this sound familiar at all? I have been begging my GP for help but all they say it's part of Fibro pain and nothing they can do. I am scared something is being missed. Many thanks

If you want to have tests in order to see if there is something being missed, find a doctor who will do the tests for you.
It is true that all those symptoms are things people with fibro experience, but that doesn't mean it is impossible for them to be caused by something else.

I cant get any gp to look into it. I have been begging for months. They wont even see me. Keep telling me to take more painkillers as there is nothing else they can do.

I am sorry to hear this. I don't know how things work in the UK as I don't live there. But there must be some way to find doctors who will do testing and who will help you other than giving you more pills, because there are others on this forum in the UK and they are finding doctors who will work with them. Maybe you should start a new thread addressed to people in the UK and ask them how to go about getting a good doctor.

Would someone living in the UK please help this person out?

If you can get access to a neurologist they might be able to help. I eventually went private to get an appointment with a neurologist ( who also works for the NHS but there was a long waiting list) who diagnosed my fibromyalgia. I understand that private is probably not an option for you but it might be worth a google to see if there are any out there who would be willing to talk to you. Having said all that, I too suffer with what feels like swollen glands, ear, neck and head problems. That was what eventually took me down the fibromyalgia root and when I saw the neurologist he said they were common symptoms. Don't know if this helps but maybe. x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back