Reason
DX CFS
Diagnosis
08/2020
Country
US
State
NC
Hi everyone. I'm 37 female. I currently have ME/CFS. I havnt talked to deer about fibro yet but I'm trying to get some understanding about it.
1)Without being in a flare, are you in constant pain? Is it only when you're touched?

I know drs now aren't using the pressure points system anymore, that's its more of a rule out game, and it needs to be widespread pain. I have what's considered widespread pain and painful spots on my body (when I shoulders/ upper arms itched and I scratch it, it burns super bad, even if I lightly scratch it. Also painful when I lightly massage it). Both sides of hips and calves hurt. Plus ankles. Whole upper back. But it's not the same hurt as shoulders.

I took the online quiz to see if i have it and it claims severe. I guess i just don't know what the fibro pain feels like and what body parts to claim?

Hi Marie....... The only way to get a formal diagnosis is to be tested for all the other things this could be.
Having said that, it sounds possible that you have Fibromyalgia, as it often accompanies ME/CFS. Of course an online quiz is not accurate, but it does give you some. I recommend you discuss this with your doctor.

We are here to help, and for some suggestions on how to manage this, read the first post in the General section for some advice. Any of those things you can manage to do are likely to help you support your overall health, which is vital when dealing with these things.

Widespread pain simply means on both sides of the body and in more than one place on each side.

Your questions would probably be answered a bit differently by everyone who has FM, because it manifests in each of us differently.
For myself......many if not most days there is some level of constant pain somewhere, but it is at a level that I can manage. When in a flare, it may be only in my legs or only in my back, or could be literally all over my body. Some days I can hardly walk, or don't have the energy to do anything at all. Other days I feel pretty normal. Some days if I bump even slightly into anything it causes amazingly extreme pain, other days it's just normal and I hardly notice it. I think this experience is common, but as I say everyone is different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back