SlimmingMumma

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
01/2020
Country
UK
Hi All,

New hear, been diagnosed for around a year. Over the last week I have been experiencing, lower back pain, aching in my thigh, calf and knee. I have twitching all the time and what feels like popping in areas on my leg. I contacted the doctor who prescribed some naproxen and said it could be a flare up, but I am really worried about blood clots! There is no redness, swelling or severe pain in my leg and the aching and twitching is not specifically in one part of my leg, the doc said she is not concerned about a clot but obviously all the googling has convinced me that I have one!

I have put a request in to see my doctor, hopefully tomorrow. But I was wondering, does anyone else suffer from this feeling?

Lower left back pain, sometimes shooting into my leg, sometimes not.
Front of thigh aching, across into groin and down inner thigh towards knee, sometimes an odd shooting pain.
Knee feels sore, inner knee aches and twitches
calf is achy, and twitching as well, as well as the shin.
Sometimes I get a shooting pain in the bottom of my foot.
Occasionally if I turn my leg in an awkward or unexpected way I get a shooting pain as well

Thanks
Sm

Hi Slim, I think that there are probably people on this forum who have experienced the things you mention; you'd have no trouble finding others who complain of some or all of the same things. I have experienced several of them.

The main thing I want to say to you, though, is that it is very bad for you both mentally and physically to be on the internet scaring yourself the way you seem to be doing. I say that if your doctor says it's unlikely you have a blood clot, why not go with that (and, of course get an appointment if that seems right) and don't try to find information online that would counter what he says. You are only worrying yourself needlessly, and any raising of the stress level in your life will make the fibromyalgia worse. So stop it!! :) One of the most important things when you have fibro is to keep your life as calm and stress free as possible. No one can have a completely stress free life, but we can help ourselves by doing our best not to go looking for things to worry about. Focus on taking care of yourself. Best of luck with the doctor, and let us know how it goes.

Thank you for the reply, that's really kind. I think because all this aches /twinges and pains are happening at one its freaking me out and I got worried about a clot so now everything feels like its pointing to that :( I guess its because a clot can go to a PE then I get panicked over it all. Hopefully the doctor can do a blood test and maybe an ultrasound to ease the worries, I guess I am having a flare up maybe i'm anxious as well. I just want to know whats wrong :(

Hi All,

New hear, been diagnosed for around a year. Over the last week I have been experiencing, lower back pain, aching in my thigh, calf and knee. I have twitching all the time and what feels like popping in areas on my leg. I contacted the doctor who prescribed some naproxen and said it could be a flare up, but I am really worried about blood clots! There is no redness, swelling or severe pain in my leg and the aching and twitching is not specifically in one part of my leg, the doc said she is not concerned about a clot but obviously all the googling has convinced me that I have one!

I have put a request in to see my doctor, hopefully tomorrow. But I was wondering, does anyone else suffer from this feeling?

Lower left back pain, sometimes shooting into my leg, sometimes not.
Front of thigh aching, across into groin and down inner thigh towards knee, sometimes an odd shooting pain.
Knee feels sore, inner knee aches and twitches
calf is achy, and twitching as well, as well as the shin.
Sometimes I get a shooting pain in the bottom of my foot.
Occasionally if I turn my leg in an awkward or unexpected way I get a shooting pain as well

Thanks
Sm
Hi slim: When you sit down in a chair does the pain disappear, and when you walk does your legs get weaker? If yes then it sounds like lumbar spinal Stenosis. The pain may be in your buttox and runs down your leg and foot. When you go to the market and push a cart and you see them bending over it’s to relieve the pain of calcium deposits or a decrease in the L4 and L5 vertebrae In your spine. If that is the case see your doctor. There is a simple surgery that will immediately fix it called a Vertiflex Superion insert. It is done on your lower back and takes the surgeon about 20-30 minutes to do under a local anesthetic. 1-2 hours later you can go home. I am not a doctor but just had the procedure done last Thursday. No more pain!!! This has nothing to do with fibromyalgia. Good luck.

Hi Slim I am having the same issues while resting I've been getting muscle twitching under my arms, and my legs. I have lower back pain in my right side running through my buttocks the back of my right leg and outer knee and feet. Sometimes I get stabbing pain in my right calf, and feet that concerns me with blood cloth. I can barely sleep through the night I have severe pain and burning on both shoulders, also experiencing horrible pain on my feet, I do a little walking I ended up with painfully heels. My knuckles hurt having hard time to close my hands or hold a cup. Both my shoulders are painful feels like the are getting detached from my body I take gabapentin, muscle relaxer, naproxen and other natural supplements . Brain fog, muscle pain and spams are endless. I am desperate for help!

Hi slim: When you sit down in a chair does the pain disappear, and when you walk does your legs get weaker? If yes then it sounds like lumbar spinal Stenosis. The pain may be in your buttox and runs down your leg and foot. When you go to the market and push a cart and you see them bending over it’s to relieve the pain of calcium deposits or a decrease in the L4 and L5 vertebrae In your spine. If that is the case see your doctor. There is a simple surgery that will immediately fix it called a Vertiflex Superion insert. It is done on your lower back and takes the surgeon about 20-30 minutes to do under a local anesthetic. 1-2 hours later you can go home. I am not a doctor but just had the procedure done last Thursday. No more pain!!! This has nothing to do with fibromyalgia. Good luck.

Hi

It tends to go away in my leg somewhat when I am up and active, but my back still pulls. When I am sat down it tends to ache in my thigh, hamstring (I think) and back and the leg twitching starts.

That sounds like an interesting procedure, I hope you are recovering well x

Hi Slim I am having the same issues while resting I've been getting muscle twitching under my arms, and my legs. I have lower back pain in my right side running through my buttocks the back of my right leg and outer knee and feet. Sometimes I get stabbing pain in my right calf, and feet that concerns me with blood cloth. I can barely sleep through the night I have severe pain and burning on both shoulders, also experiencing horrible pain on my feet, I do a little walking I ended up with painfully heels. My knuckles hurt having hard time to close my hands or hold a cup. Both my shoulders are painful feels like the are getting detached from my body I take gabapentin, muscle relaxer, naproxen and other natural supplements . Brain fog, muscle pain and spams are endless. I am desperate for help!
Hi Fatnun,

sounds like you are really suffering! I am the same at rest, the pain in my lower left back has been there for years so I'm not sure if its connected. I am sitting now and I can feel pulling / aching and twitching in my inner thigh, inner calf and tingling on the bottom of my foot, sometimes it feels like I have tingling, aching in my lady parts as well :( . I am in constant panic and I get my husband to check my legs twice a day for any marks / swellings that might signal a blood clot. As I am sitting here, I've had about 6 twitches in my calf... and sometimes when I stand and walk it feels like something is crawling on my leg or water has run down my knee to my foot.

Unfortunately we lost a good friend to a PE last year and I think it panics me alot.

Slim, you might want to try a TENS unit on your legs. I have leg twitching and a feeling like little sparks or electric shocks running up and down my legs, and an almost constant pain in one leg. I have found the TENS can help a lot with leg pain and those sensations. Doesn't work 100% all the time, but I think the money I spent on that was far more than worth it. They aren't all that expensive. You need a prescription to order one, but it only costs around $50. Ask your doctor when you go.

Please take care of yourself and try some relaxation techniques to get calm and stop panicking. You are doing yourself more harm by stressing out about it. I know it's scary, but your panic will not make it go away, nor will it help, it will only hurt you. Take deep breaths, meditate, listen to soothing music, lose yourself in a good book or whatever it takes, but do your best to stay calm.

Thanks for the replies. My doctor has ordered a blood test for Wednesday, she said that its to put my mind at ease and she does not suspect a blood clot at all. I assume this will be a D-dimmer test so I am glad shes ordered one. I went for a walk today and the pain is almost non existent, I've come home and I have pulling in my hamstring where it meets my bum, in my knee and twitching in my thigh and calf.. along with pains in the bottom of my foot, like someone is pushing into it. I really hope its not a clot, but the symptoms point there I think (?) I'm not sure what else it could be? 😭

I will look into a TENS machine, I used one when I first went into labour and it was really effective x x

Blood test done. Hopefully results will be quick. In an update. The inner thigh pain is the most annoying thing and I feel like I have a UTI without the burning when I pee. Just a heaviness down there when my bladder is empty .. wondering if it could be connected

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back