Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
02/2021
Country
US
State
RI
I have been fighting with hypothyroidism for several years and I kept telling my doctor even with medications I was continuing to have joint pain and weight gain. I assumed it was all the Thyroid. My last visit my doctor (probably sick of the emotions and me complaining nothing is working) sent me to a Rheumatologist. In the one visit they checked the joints, asked a bunch of questions and took blood work to rule out Lupus. She determined i do have Fibromyalgia and put me on muscle relaxers for before bed to help with sleep.
Just wondering if anyone has had any luck sleeping with other meds or if anyone has tried medical marihuana?
I have been doing about 20 minutes a day of yin yoga and other stretches to help with some of the pain and so far so good with that. I just always feel tired.
Thank you for any help you may provide.

In my opinion, medical cannabis is wonderful. I always recommend not smoking or vaping because those are so injurious to your health, and if there's one thing people with fibro don't need it's another health problem! I use tinctures and gummies, and after some experimentation I can now tweak what I take so that it is just right for the level of pain, and not to get high, since that is not what I want. I combine it with CBD tinctures, and it is the combination that works the very best for me. CBD alone does nothing; THC alone is not as good at pain relief.

For me, it works for small pain, large pain, pain in different areas, and helps me to sleep. It works most of the time, but is not 100% and it doesn't take all the pain away, but it does a very good job and my life is improved by it.

It's not the cure-all; I always feel living the most healthy lifestyle with excellent diet, exercise, good mental health and so on are more important. But I think if it's legal where you are it is well worth trying it out. I have been using it over 2 years now, and love it.

Great info! thank you
My biggest downfall as of now is my diet. I need together on one and stick with it. I am one of those rollercoaster dieters. Horrible. I should already be doing it because of my thyroid... But I'm weak. I have seen a lot of people say Palio or just gluten and dairy free. I need to do it. I CAN DO IT!! lol
Thanks again.

*To get on one not together.

I'm a big fan of cannabis as well. I vape flower mostly but use tinctures and edibles too. Check out leafly.com for info on strains. I use it nightly. It helps me fall asleep quickly, but I don't think it's helping me with deep sleep.

Great info! thank you
My biggest downfall as of now is my diet. I need together on one and stick with it. I am one of those rollercoaster dieters. Horrible. I should already be doing it because of my thyroid... But I'm weak. I have seen a lot of people say Palio or just gluten and dairy free. I need to do it. I CAN DO IT!! lol
Thanks again.
There's a problem with any kind of specialized "diet" and I don't recommend trying to follow one. The best thing to do is forget "paleo" and all those other fads because that is just what they are: fads. They aren't better for everyone. The best thing to do is simply eat healthfully and stick to it. That way you completely avoid the roller coaster, which is actually far worse for your body than anything else. Eat lean meats and fish and a little fat. Eat fresh vegetables. Eat whole grains unless wheat or gluten or any other thing causes you problems. Eat healthy dairy like milk and yogurt, eggs. Eat fruit...fresh....lots of it! And really, that's about it.

If you do this, you don't ever have to "roller coaster" again, because if you are eating a balanced diet overall you don't have to eat any one particular thing every day if you don't want to, just make sure it balances over all. That is so much easier and it doesn't cause you to feel deprivation. But you really need to cut way down on things like sugar caffeine and alcohol because those are definitely not good for anyone, especially if you have fibro. You don't have to cut them out completely. I have one or two drinks of alcohol a week. I have one cup of coffee each morning but never more. I eat sugar in the form of a small dessert maybe two or three times a week and use fruit the rest of the time for dessert.

Just going gluten free or dairy free won't help you unless you actually have an intolerance to those things. If you don't, then those are healthy things to eat. I am gluten intolerant but can eat dairy all I like. You need to find out what is good for you.

After having my thyroid taken out because of cancer, I took "chocolate marijuana" for pain and CBD oil for cancer help. The chocolate really helped with sleep and I also take melatonin some nights. I would definetly try medicinal marijuana. As far as diets I honestly just stuck to a healthy and balanced diet overall. I have high cholesterol which they say is hereditary in my case so I had to cut out certain foods which actually helped on the scale lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back