New medicine (for me) and refusing to continue what the doctor said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uhura

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
01/2007
Country
US
He recently prescribed Cyclobenzaprine 5mg. I have no idea how anyone can tolerate that. I slept and never did feel awake. I break the pills in half and even at 2.5 mg I sleep 12 hours a night just to function when awake. I already take Lyrica and some other medicines, including my anti seizure medicines. I messaged my doctor and am waiting for a response from him.
I have no idea how anyone can tolerate Cyclobenzaprine. I am not sure I will be able to continue taking it. I will see and continue talking with my doctor about it but do know I can't tolerate more than 2.5mg. Some medicines I am on the highest dose and almost no side effects. Lyrica, Lamatrogine, Phenytoin (low dose), generic Prozac (low dose), and a few others. Lyrica and Lamtrogine I am on the highest dose doctors can prescribe and have no side effects from either of them. Yet a low dose, only 2.5mg of Cyclobenzaprine feels like it is nearly killing me and taking my ability to function.

Well, medications affect different people differently, that's for sure. For instance, one time a doctor put me on Prozac and I nearly had a psychotic break as a result, but it has helped millions of other people. It's a hard thing to go through....trying different medications and feeling as if you are at the mercy of the side effects. That's why I always advocate for doing as much as you can to avoid taking meds at all unless they are necessary for your survival (like anti-seizure medications if you have a seizure disorder).. With FM there are so many other things that can help, and it's worth the effort to try them and see what combination works the best for you. You are taking quite a lot of medication. I would like to encourage you to try some other things that might help you to cut down on or even avoid taking some of those meds, because piling up medications can really mess with a person's body and mental state. Wishing you the best.....

Hi. I’m always tired anyway, but the low dose of robaxin seemed to help a little without contributing too much to the fatigue (300 I think, 3xday as needed), sometimes I need to take 2 or three though, if one doesn’t help at all
Depending on pain level at the time. Feel better and work with your doctor; best wishes

I have run the course on meds from one med causing jaundice from one dose to lyrica causing a 60 pound weight gain in a month - I finally found a pain med that worked amazing to have it be discontinued. now the only things I take are Topirimate 25 mg am and pm ( i think this needs to be increased as its not working as well as it should) and benadryl for sleep taking sparingly, dr won't give me anything for help with sleep issues. My main focus is to sleep better lose weight and stop having so much pain, but i feel its a lost cause lol.

do know I can't tolerate more than 2.5mg. Some medicines I am on the highest dose and almost no side effects.
Yup, clearly demonstrates how different we & they are.
Even tiny 1mcg bits of a 2mg melatonin pill were too much for me...
All a matter of trial & error, overdosing, underdosing, even finding out when best to take them (e.g. what with).

I have tried and given up on drugs with all their side effects. I even stopped the tramadol after sunkacola convinced me they weren't as safe as I was told and truly feel better. (Thank you sunkacola) I've found that sticking with different forms of marrijuana really helps with pain, sleep and attitude.
Last night my fibro attacked my shoulder, chest and back but with RSO and edibles and topicals I slept.
(((gentle hugs to all)))

I have tried and given up on drugs with all their side effects. I even stopped the tramadol after sunkacola convinced me they weren't as safe as I was told and truly feel better. (Thank you sunkacola) I've found that sticking with different forms of marrijuana really helps with pain, sleep and attitude.
Last night my fibro attacked my shoulder, chest and back but with RSO and edibles and topicals I slept.
(((gentle hugs to all)))
You are very welcome, Creola17. Like you, I work with my body using various forms and levels of CBD/THC combinations. sometimes works better than others....but that's true of all medications and methods. With fibro, everything shifts all the time so we need to learn to go with what is happening now, and manage it the best we can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back