Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
70/2010
Country
UK
State
Hertfordshire
Anyone else out there only getting about 5 hours a night.I’m so tired but I just can’t sleep.I can’t sleep in as I have a daughter who is in school .
I’ve tired everything .
I know it’s making my pain worse .

Hi Forgetmenot: Ouch, of course that increases our pain!
"Everything"? - does that include using yoga nidra as a sleep substitute? Helps me tons.

only for the last 2 years... i wake up because im in so much pain, collar bones, shoulders, upper back. I physically cant lay there anymore, but im still exhausted. some times the pain subsides in an hour or 2, but most days it goes all day. the less sleep i get, the worse i hurt

only for the last 2 years... i wake up because im in so much pain, collar bones, shoulders, upper back. I physically cant lay there anymore, but im still exhausted. some times the pain subsides in an hour or 2, but most days it goes all day. the less sleep i get, the worse i hurt
In my case the pain would be local pains, which I've managed to work on, but the "hurt" I'd call Ache (Big Ache ;-) ) and is influenced by overdoing it, sleep, and "nothing"... Same for you?

For me also if I don't get enough sleep it makes pain - and everything else - worse. I think sleep is the bedrock, and if that is not sufficient nothing else can work as well as it would otherwise.

I take Trazadone every night and that allows me to sleep all night unless something external, or a bad dream, wakes me up. I have taken it for many years without side effects and it has made all the difference for me. It has been the one thing that has made the rest of my life even possible, because I was chronically sleep deprived from the time I was a small child. I took other things that helped over the years, but that had unpleasant side effects, until finally some doctor put me on Trazadone at night. I don't know what would have become of me if that had not been tried, and had not worked for me. It won't, of course, work that well for everyone, although I wish there were something that would.

Anyone else out there only getting about 5 hours a night.I’m so tired but I just can’t sleep.I can’t sleep in as I have a daughter who is in school .
I’ve tired everything .
I know it’s making my pain worse .
I’m completely exhausted. Four years before getting diagnosed with Fibromyalgia (Fall 2021) I went through menopause and it obliterated my sleep. I have been dealing with insomnia (having gone days without sleep at a time) all that time, but in the last year when all this pain started (Fall 2020)) made my sleeping issues worse because chronic pain makes sleeping very difficult. Over the past year with my sleep getting worse and me being exhausted and in pain, I inadvertently set up a new problem: sleep performance anxiety. It’s an actual thing! I am now dealing with anxiety about going to bed. For the last month I have been experimenting with CBD gummies and oils. Particularly Delta 8, as it is proven to help sleep. So far so good. However; one can never make up for lost sleep. As a result, it has impacted my ability to have any energy. I have to rehome the dog we adopted last August because I’m too exhausted to care for her properly. She is a 18 month old Siberian Husky. I’m heartbroken. I love Huskies. Got my first one when I was 11. I’m 55 and yeah, that is really me at 55 in my profile picture. I look so happy there, but we Fibro folks know how to act. Anyway, I knew the kind of energy requirements my dog would need. I was so convinced I’d be able to take care of her, hike her through the woods, take her to all the dog parks. I live north of Atlanta, GA and it is beautiful here. There are so many hiking trails, creeks, and the Chattahoochee River nature preserve with trails. I love walking and hiking and but now it completely wears me out. Almost everything is dog friendly. Yet, I have zero energy for anything else after taking out my dog. I don’t have money for doggy daycare or dog walkers. I have quite literally set my health gains backwards because of adopting this dog. My last Husky died a year and half ago, I thought I could handle it again. The thing is my last Husky was 10 years but old when she died. I forgot how much energy they have at 1 year. I thought all of he needs would help me with my fibro. Get me out and moving. It’s had the opposite effect, I wake up with my stomach painfully roiling with anxiety about whether I can walk her or be able to drive her to the dog park. I realized, about a week ago, that I can’t keep her. It’s not fair to either of us. So, my sweet fluffy girl is going back to her foster mom this Wednesday: 1/26. I feel like a horrible failure and I’m going to miss her, but my husband said to see it more that I gave her a lot of love, training, stability that her eventual family will benefit from greatly. She had been rescued from the woods. She was starving. No collar no microchip. Her original owner could not be found. Her weight is now appropriate and she is so beautiful and loving and I don’t doubt she’ll find a good home. It’s this blasted fibro, with all the pain and the continued ruination of my sleep that just keeps wrecking my life. I feel overwhelmed by everything. Fibromyalgia and it associated issues have completely changed my life, and not for the better. So I totally get not being able to deal with most of anything.

I’m completely exhausted. Four years before getting diagnosed with Fibromyalgia (Fall 2021) I went through menopause and it obliterated my sleep. I have been dealing with insomnia (having gone days without sleep at a time) all that time, but in the last year when all this pain started (Fall 2020)) made my sleeping issues worse because chronic pain makes sleeping very difficult. Over the past year with my sleep getting worse and me being exhausted and in pain, I inadvertently set up a new problem: sleep performance anxiety. It’s an actual thing! I am now dealing with anxiety about going to bed. For the last month I have been experimenting with CBD gummies and oils. Particularly Delta 8, as it is proven to help sleep. So far so good. However; one can never make up for lost sleep. As a result, it has impacted my ability to have any energy. I have to rehome the dog we adopted last August because I’m too exhausted to care for her properly. She is a 18 month old Siberian Husky. I’m heartbroken. I love Huskies. Got my first one when I was 11. I’m 55 and yeah, that is really me at 55 in my profile picture. I look so happy there, but we Fibro folks know how to act. Anyway, I knew the kind of energy requirements my dog would need. I was so convinced I’d be able to take care of her, hike her through the woods, take her to all the dog parks. I live north of Atlanta, GA and it is beautiful here. There are so many hiking trails, creeks, and the Chattahoochee River nature preserve with trails. I love walking and hiking and but now it completely wears me out. Almost everything is dog friendly. Yet, I have zero energy for anything else after taking out my dog. I don’t have money for doggy daycare or dog walkers. I have quite literally set my health gains backwards because of adopting this dog. My last Husky died a year and half ago, I thought I could handle it again. The thing is my last Husky was 10 years but old when she died. I forgot how much energy they have at 1 year. I thought all of he needs would help me with my fibro. Get me out and moving. It’s had the opposite effect, I wake up with my stomach painfully roiling with anxiety about whether I can walk her or be able to drive her to the dog park. I realized, about a week ago, that I can’t keep her. It’s not fair to either of us. So, my sweet fluffy girl is going back to her foster mom this Wednesday: 1/26. I feel like a horrible failure and I’m going to miss her, but my husband said to see it more that I gave her a lot of love, training, stability that her eventual family will benefit from greatly. She had been rescued from the woods. She was starving. No collar no microchip. Her original owner could not be found. Her weight is now appropriate and she is so beautiful and loving and I don’t doubt she’ll find a good home. It’s this blasted fibro, with all the pain and the continued ruination of my sleep that just keeps wrecking my life. I feel overwhelmed by everything. Fibromyalgia and it associated issues have completely changed my life, and not for the better. So I totally get not being able to deal with most of anything.
Oh you poor thing ,You did the right thing you know,we have had dogs all our lives,
Let me tell you that part of having a dog IS the walking ,if you can’t do that then your letting your dog down especially a puppy with so much energy.Your dog after all is a working dog.-
But there is light. I have a Chihuahua I’ve had big dogs all my life .I’ve never had a tiny dog ,not only is she the most loveling and loyal dog I’ve had ,she is more then happy to cuddle up all day with me.They can walk miles but are just as happy with small walks .She’s more like a cat .has to be on my lap ,has to be on or in the bed .has to be in the shower lol.it’s 4 am right now and she’s right here on my lap .she’s a Constant little Guardian angel.

Ya I have local some local pain, like my shoulders that I should go to physio for, then general aches/pain in rest of body. Similar to u, stress, over doing it and lack of sleep exasterbate things. I need to get better at stopping before I over due things and take breaks when I need I them.

Sibergirl, I am so sorry that you had to give up your dog, as I know that would be excruciatingly difficult. You did not fail the dog, though. Basically what you did was foster her, as it turns out, and you brought her from a pitiful thing to being a beautiful, happy and trained dog who will get a great home. You did a good thing. I know it feels terrible that you couldn't keep her, but that is not your fault and you did the best thing for the dog. Many people wouldn't have your courage and wouldn't put the dog's needs ahead of their own desires as you did. They'd selfishly keep the dog and the dog would then have a diminished life. Believe me, I know, because I have worked for many years with dog rescue. You are the kind of person a rescue appreciates because you care about the dog first.

As for never catching up on sleep, I would like to encourage you on that. I found that after many many years of insomnia it did take me years to get caught up -- but only a few years. If you only had insomnia for a relatively short time, as you describe, you can catch up on it or, to be more precise, once you are sleeping normally every night it will build up just as the lack of sleep did and you will not always feel so tired. If at all possible, try to get extra sleep at least once or twice a week or as often as you can.

And consider Forgetmenot's suggestion of a tiny dog. It is true that they can get enough exercise much more easily, simply due to their size. You can even get them enough exercise some days by teaching the dog to fetch and then playing indoors when the weather is too wretched to go out or you are in too much pain. A walk for a dog like that can be much shorter. And the companionship for you would be the same. Even a person who has never wanted a little dog will change their mind about them once they have one and experience all the advantages. :)

I average 3 hours of sleep a night...it’s driving me crazy,...
I am so sorry I know exactly what that is like. It is something that will drive you to the edge of madness. The only thing that’s working for me right now our Delta 8 CBD gummy’s.

Don’t think we get them in the uk

Ooooo have to check with dr ,with my bi polour meds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back