A list of MANY fibro symptoms; I found this very, very helpful :) And, I'm 30+ yrs diagnosed

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhillyFibro

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
03/1997
Country
US
State
PA

This is a list of 251 Symptoms of Fibromyalgia (Hard to Believe). What are Yours?", which I found online from Septembe 14, 2018. Written by M. H. Shahid. Please search for this ... I saved a copy as a good reminder I'm not alone ... and not a nut job :) Cheers !

I can't find it, Is there a link Philly you can post please?

Last edited:
I can't find it, Is there a link Philly you can post please?
Rainbow, type "251 Symptoms of Fibromyalgia (Hard to Believe). What are Yours?" into the Google search page, and it should come up at the top!

This is a list of 251 Symptoms of Fibromyalgia (Hard to Believe). What are Yours?", which I found online from Septembe 14, 2018. Written by M. H. Shahid. Please search for this ... I saved a copy as a good reminder I'm not alone ... and not a nut job :) Cheers !

Thanks, Philly! Wow, that's a huge list - and some interesting ones on there that I hadn't come across before!

There's also a pretty amazing index of fibro symptoms on the website Living Smarter With Fibromyalgia. Each one links to a description - I found it very helpful!

@Momzilla, you might find this list interesting 🌻

Try these words, with NO spaces between: fibromyalgia resources . com Hope this helps!! Cheers

I read the list.
I will mention a few numbers that stuck out to me. I picked things that don't seem to have another obvious possible cause. Id love to hear from others.
14. Hoarseness (its bad when my fatigue is at its worst) people can hear the change in my voice
25. Shortness of breath
43. Arch/heel pain (first steeps out of bed heels burn bad)
56. Paralysis or severe weakness arms/legs
57. Restless legs
58. Rib pain
59 scalp pain
71. Noise intolerance (I thought this was from add/vyvance for me)
73. Light sensitivity (never been able to be outside without sun glasses. The fall sun make me irritable when driving or working. I think its the flickering and since the sun is lower its seems its always in corner of eye, florescent lights make me irritable, especially if they flicker)
108. Nightmares (had nightmares my whole life, but since my fibro symptoms they get out of control! Dreamt people broke into my house, dreams so real I woke up thinking it was real and went around checking my house. Nightmares get so out of control I'm often aware im dreaming and can sometimes wake myself up, but when I fall back to sleep go right back to same place in the dream)
* number 57 and 108 IMPORTANT
Had taken benedryl for a year or 2 for sleep. Realized it was giving me RLS and eventually stopped taking it. I looked it up and sure enough it can cause RLS. So if I didn't fall asleep fast enough before the RLS then it kept me up worse!
A good while after I stopped taking the benedryl i realized I'd had a pretty long stint without the severe nightmares. I put 2 and 2 together and decided to check even though I didn't think possible and sure enough it can cause nightmares! So hopefully this helps someone else on here. benedryl is the same exact thing as other over the counter sleep meds. Diphenhydramine
Anyone here get ocular migraines?

I think that for so many of us, it can be a nightmare trying to figure out whether what we're feeling is a symptom or a side effect of something we're taking!

I don't get ocular migraines as such, but I do have what I can only describe as eye-socket soreness from time to time. It's as if my whole eye-socket hurts, and I can feel its depth :oops: which is a bit gross!

I feel like I know what you're talking about. Mine will get really sore when I get sinus infections.
Ocular migraine don't actually come with pain luckily. The first time I got one I was driving and I thought something really serious was wrong with me. I was literally hallucinating. I finally said something to my dad .luckily he knew exactly what the are as he gets them. They are very interesting for anyone curious.

It sounds quite scary. I'm glad you had someone to turn to who knew what it was!

Re: the list, many thanks for sharing Philly, it's the most comprehensive list of FMS I've ever seen.

Very interesting & also a comfort to know that symptoms I couldn't pin down to a cause are all part of FMS,
such as Sinus issues & headaches at night, as well as my heartbeat/pulse loudly throbbing in my ears, which can scare me if I let it.
Sometimes it's so loud I have to turn the TV up.

I don't have a printer but I've copied it by hand.

I won't make a habit of regularly reading it as I'm likely to depress myself but it's there if I need to check any new symptoms that show up
& also give to relatives, friends etc to read if I feel they are in need of enlightenment.

Having said that son only managed to get through the first page & then said something I can't repeat in public
but he's been doing the washing-up & trying to be helpful ever since - result! :)

Re: the list, many thanks for sharing Philly, it's the most comprehensive list of FMS I've ever seen.

Very interesting & also a comfort to know that symptoms I couldn't pin down to a cause are all part of FMS,
such as Sinus issues & headaches at night, as well as my heartbeat/pulse loudly throbbing in my ears, which can scare me if I let it.
Sometimes it's so loud I have to turn the TV up.

I don't have a printer but I've copied it by hand.

I won't make a habit of regularly reading it as I'm likely to depress myself but it's there if I need to check any new symptoms that show up
& also give to relatives, friends etc to read if I feel they are in need of enlightenment.

Having said that son only managed to get through the first page & then said something I can't repeat in public
but he's been doing the washing-up & trying to be helpful ever since - result! :)
Definitely a good idea to show it to people who might be doubters.

I do want to inject a word of caution, though. If a new symptom does start up, get it checked by a medical professional. It is so easy for us to attribute everything to FMS but even if the new thing is on the list, it could be caused by something else going on and it is always important to know for sure.

Good point sunkacola but seeing as it's almost impossible here in England to get direct access to a doctor,
hospital A&E's are not fit for purpose & being beyond over-crowded, are extremely high Covid risk, as are any hospital areas,
so they are the last places on the planet anyone wants to go to, be, or be admitted into.
Eg my son, who was seriously unwell at the time, was left waiting with 150 other people for 12 hours in our nearest A&E recently
& the ambulance service is likewise buckling under the strain,
so if you ring them, even in an emergency, you usually get a recorded message telling you to make your own way to the hospital if possible.
As my non-driver next door neighbour found out when her 84 year old husband slipped & fell forward onto their own hallway floor,
with his broken arm underneath him & she wasn't able to lift him up but despite desperately comtinuously ringing the ambulance service,
it was 7 & a half hours before they finally arrived!
Hence, anything that offers some level of reassurance in these present circumstances is very welcome!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back