Not open for further replies.

MorMcDowell

Diagnosis
07/2013
Country
US
State
Tennessee
I was Diagnosed July of this year with Fibro/Chronic pain. For almost 3 years I have suffered with no answers from my doctors and finally this month I have an answer. It was most surely not the answer I wanted but at least I got one and am now trying to get the pain under control. Right now though I am having troubles with Migraine's and I am tired all the time and am finding it hard to sleep at night! My doctor has sent me to physical therapy and its somewhat helping with the pain but I'm still having quite a bit of pain! I have lost my job and cant do any of my regular activities and since I am 18 I should be doing all kinds of things but with the fibro is so difficult! Any insight or advice or anything would be much appreciated! I am so glad to now be apart of this group!

MorMcDowell,
welcome to the forum, so good of you to join in. If you read around the forum you will find many ways to deal with your symptoms. Some are simple ideas like using a cup of epson salts in a warm (not hot) water bath. Soaking will help the pain in your muscles go away. Some folks have trouble sleeping because they can not find a spot to sleep on that does not hurt. This is where getting yourself a cotton fiber or feather, or foam mat about 3 inches thick to lay on top of your mattess will help you sleep better. It is like sleeping on a cloud, and the softness helps your muscles relax.

This time of the year hot weather has us running air conditioners and fans. If you use them do not aim them directly at you as the cold air can cause muscle aches in your chest and legs. It can also cause ear aches. Wear socks to bed and cover your lower legs with a light sheet to prevent cramping.

These are only a few of the ideas for dealing with fibro symptoms. Read more and ask more questions. We will all help as much as we can and hopefully get to know you better. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back