Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
04/2014
Country
CA
State
ON
Hi, I've been recently diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and have my bad days and then my not so bad days. I think I have had it for years but it has taken this long for a definitive diagnosis. The pain is exhausting. depressing and frustrating as my mind says go, go but my body says no, no. I have been prescribed Lyrica, haven't started it yet and would like to hear what others have to say about this medication. :smile:
Regards to all, Jacs

Hey! Welcome to the group! I'm sorry you had to seek us out, but glad you found us! As far as medications go, everyone is different... There have been a lot of posts on the forum about different meds like lyrica, Cymbalta, savella, etc, these are commonly prescribed for fibro.. But as you'll read, everyone's experience with meds is different...
Personally, lyrica sucked for me... Made me depressed, which is a side effect, along with other side effects...
I recommend looking through old and new posts here to find specific topics about medications and lyrica as well, as there are quite a few posts about this here.. Also you'll findmany tips and tricks on ways to help manage pain and cope, some may work for you and some may not, again- this is bbecause everyone is so very different with how their bodies handle this strange and cruel disease... I'd also recommend googling information about lyrica so you can familiarize yourself with the possible side effects so you have an idea of what to look for in case your body doesn't like this medication..
If you decide to try this medication, as well as if you end up having to try others like Cymbalta and savella, be aware that these type of meds can take up to and over 4-6 weeks to start noticing any benefits, so if you do start it, make sure you give it a fair shot unless you have bad side effects right off the bat...
Hope this helps!

Jacs, I feel your pain, the biggest downside of suffering from chronic pain (apart from the chronic pain itself, of course) is the depression that accompanies it.

I try to release a lot stress, frustration and sadness by blogging. Yeah, I have a private blog I only have access to, over there I write about all the things that are worrying me or depressing me, you'd be amazed to see how better I feel after that! But again, I'm the kind f person who needs to vent to someone, and since my family and friends might not be in the best disposition... I vent as much as I want on my blog. You should try it! Its amazing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back