Helloamy

Reason
Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
Hi All:
Several years ago, (I'd say at least 5,6?) I started getting these strange episodes at night, (and only when I got in bed to sleep!) where I felt like I was coming down ill. I had horrible body aches, fatigue, and would have sworn I had fever, (but did not.) And, nothing would ever come of these episodes-meaning I never got "sick". I one time said to my husband, "Are you ever so uncomfortable that you can't sleep? Like your body aches so bad, your exhausted.. yet you just can't sleep?" and, he could not relate at all!
I went to my doc and she ran a bunch of blood, everything was fine. She chalked it up to my migraines and anxiety, (which I do have both.)Over the years, these "episodes" have evolved and seem to last longer. Symptoms are:

achy legs
Achy upper arms
Burning ankles
Light headedness
Migraines
Fuzzy vision
Fatigue, I can wake up in the morning and I be so exhausted, makes me want to cry.

and more, but those are the worst!
My doc is now saying maybe fibro or CFS, any thoughts?
Thank you!

I went through the same and have been finally diagnose with Fibromyalgia after seeing a few different doctors and holistic practitioners, the rheumatologist gave me the final diagnosis and I could then put a name on my nightmare. Good luck, itssomuch easier when you know why you feel so horrible.

It's so awful not knowing!
one of the worst things is I used to be a competitive athlete and have always been active. But, doing a deep a scrub on a tile shower, (where I'm scrubbing the floor, walls,etc,) leaves me feeling like I ran a marathon!

All of the things you are describing could be Fibro or could be MS and possibly other things as well. Best to get a thorough work-up and tests that can lead to a diagnosis.

I can relate to your troubles, as can most everyone here. But take heart, even if it is fibro it is not a death sentence and you can learn to manage it and still have a good life. Come here for support and encouragement and we will help as best we can.

I used to be very athletic and am a bit less so now and cannot do everything I used to do. But I can do a lot and life is not so bad, even with chronic pain. Best of luck to you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back